PDA

View Full Version : 1400 router question

Nymph Brother
11th February 2009, 12:28 PM
Hi guys,
I chasing some advice on the 1400 router mounted in the router table.
I think I;ve followed the instructiond properly but one of the four hold down brackets ends up in the mouth of the dust shoot of the router I do use the dust shoot on the table but still end up with dust coming out of the router shoot.
I've also tried turning the router around but that doesn't appear to solve the problem.
I did notice that the diagram in the instructions appears to shows the router shoot clear of the bracket and wonder if its set up for the larger router which has a different configeration?
.I'll answer my own question ,and that is to just take the bracket out, or am I missing something in the setup?:?

damian
11th February 2009, 03:30 PM
First are you mounting it in a triton router table ? and if so is it a rta300 ?

If so then you don't use the mounting brackets at all, you use the coach bolts on the base plate to quick attach and detach it. The pic on I think page 2 of the rta manual is misleading, it shows a triton router mounted with teh 4 clamps in place. Read the instructions later in the book, it clearly states the 2 coach bolts retain the router.

If your using some other setup you should try the router in every possible position until the mounting brackets don't foul any of the controls and ports. Post back details of your other equipment if I've got this wrong.

Nymph Brother
11th February 2009, 04:43 PM
OK Damian,
I do have the router table,and I thought it was an overkill when I first put the router and table together ,having the locking nuts and the 4 brackets as well.--Problem Solved. Many Thanks.:U