PDA

View Full Version : Dewalt bandsaw needs parts...!

robutacion
13th February 2009, 02:36 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some parts for a Dewalt DW 3501 bandsaw. I have initiated a thread inquiry here; (http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?t=88884) but I haven't had any reply yet. I'm wondering if any of you guys here can help?

Cheers:2tsup:
RBTCO

Mobil Man
14th February 2009, 03:11 AM
I tried DeWalt.com & 'no record found'

robutacion
14th February 2009, 01:14 PM
Thanks Mobil Man,

I have tried that before, and had the same results.

I thing the only way I can get those parts is get a forumate from the UK, prepared to get the parts from the UK supplier and have them sent to me. Is really a shame that this UK supplier doesn't post to Australia.

Any UK forumates about...?

RBTCO

gtwilkins
14th February 2009, 05:13 PM
I checked to see if the the Dewalt bandsaws originated with Elu which was a Swiss company bought out by B&D then Dewalt. I use Elu routers and I know the Dewalts were Elu clones.

There is a listing for a Elu 3501 on this sight:

http://www.powertoolspares.com/bd_model.php?model=EBS3501---A&Product_Description=BANDSAW&class1=Elu&class2=Wood+Working&class3=Saws&class4=Band+Saws

Unfortunately it is in England also but there is a company in Victoria BC here in Canada that might have spares:

http://www.martian.bc.ca/abc/abcptsmsg.htm

If you want I can give them a bell on Monday and see if they have any bits and pieces that you need!

I found this thread:

http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?t=24339

which liknsup to

http://www.mtmc.co.uk/prodtype.asp?PT_ID=12709529&strPageHistory=cat

Hope this helps Trevor

coffenup
14th February 2009, 10:31 PM
dewalt service agent is on richmond road keswick the black & decker service agent does parts & service for dewalt.
Regards Michael

robutacion
14th February 2009, 11:11 PM
dewalt service agent is on richmond road keswick the black & decker service agent does parts & service for dewalt.
Regards Michael

Hi Michael,
I did contacted that agent, and his response was that, the model in question is old and he never had any spares for it. Thanks, anyway...!:wink:

Trevor (gtwilkins),
Thanks mate, you are providing lots of links so I need a little time to look at them and see if they have the parts or supply to Australia.

I replace all the bearings on this machine and repaired a few other things, what is missing now to have it going is a few body (machine) alluminium parts that don't cost much to replace (if I can get them here!) but will take a considerable amount of time and work to manufacture them by hand.

I had a link to my original thread at the Bandsaws forum on my first post but for some particular reason, it disappear so here it is again;
http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?t=88884
This is what I need; (pic attached) Well, I could do without the belt...!

I will let you know if I'm unsuccessful to order the parts! Thanks.

RBTCO

robutacion
22nd February 2009, 11:56 AM
Hi people,

I have had no reply to all contacts I've made since the web links were supplied to me here.
I believe there are a few other bandsaws with the same parts but, I seem to be unlucky to find them.

This leaves me to the my last resource, which is, find a forumate in UK that will be prepared to gets those parts from the place above mentioned, and have them sent to me. The belt is not essential, so the other 3 parts marked would be enough, they are super light (alluminum) and not big in size so freight shouldn't be too bad.

So, if someone is prepare to do this for me, could you please let me know, so that arrangements can be made ASAP.

RBTCO

Happy amateur
22nd February 2009, 11:22 PM
Addutuib if

This leaves me to the my last resource, which is, find a forumate in UK that will be prepared to gets those parts from the place above mentioned, and have them sent to me. The belt is not essential, so the other 3 parts marked would be enough, they are super light (alluminum) and not big in size so freight shouldn't be too bad.

So, if someone is prepare to do this for me, could you please let me know, so that arrangements can be made ASAP.

RBTCO

Happy amateur here living in Kent UK
Will give the company a call tomorrow (Monday) and see if parts are in stock and can be delivered to me. If available will post them to you.

Fred
[email protected]

robutacion
22nd February 2009, 11:44 PM
Addutuib if

Happy amateur here living in Kent UK
Will give the company a call tomorrow (Monday) and see if parts are in stock and can be delivered to me. If available will post them to you.

Fred
[email protected]

Hi Happy amateur (Fred),

That would be most appreciated.

I will be sending you an email with some info so, reply when you're ready!:D

Thank you.

RBTCO

bowl-basher
23rd February 2009, 08:58 AM
Thanks Mobil Man,

I have tried that before, and had the same results.

I thing the only way I can get those parts is get a forumate from the UK, prepared to get the parts from the UK supplier and have them sent to me. Is really a shame that this UK supplier doesn't post to Australia.

Any UK forumates about...?

RBTCO

there is a woodturning/machinery supply house in the UK called STYLES & BATES
they ship to Aus and are good to deal with
Regards
Bowl-Basher

robutacion
23rd February 2009, 02:11 PM
there is a woodturning/machinery supply house in the UK called STYLES & BATES
they ship to Aus and are good to deal with
Regards
Bowl-Basher

Thanks Bowl-Basher,
Good to know, someone with a business from the UK is selling to Australia!
Will see what Happy amateur can come up with, I reckon he will get me the parts...!:D

RBTCO

robutacion
9th March 2009, 01:36 AM
Hi everyone,

Good news, and I was nor wrong when I got the gut feeling that our new forumate from the UK Happy amateur (Fred) made the offer to get me the parts, he was serious about it, and so he did.

Fred made the order and paid with his own money, the value of the parcel. After he received it at is address, he simple re-directed the parcel back to me and within days, the parcel did arrived with all the parts I needed.

Fred, did prefer to have some Ossie timbers (pen blanks), instead of the money so he will be well looked after. Interestingly, I decided to extend my blanks to pen offer to him and again, the response was a positive one so, Fred is getting double dose of pen blanks. Because I want to sent him variety, I have to wait until I finish with all the pen blanks species I've got (27 now, but will be more!). Another particular with blanks sent to overseas is that they can not have any bark left on then on "grab" holes and the wax have to cover 100% of the blank so, I need to select the right blanks, seal them totally and only then I can weight them to work out, the best way (economically but safely) to send them.

The moral of this story is very simple but also very rewarding, there is, there are good souls out there, not knowing you from a bar of soap, still are prepare to go out of their way to help a total stranger, and that my friends, is called kindness, trust and hope! As rare as one can experience these sort of "gifts", they are most certainly not forgotten!

Thanks Fred, for your help.
Seat tight, your pen blanks should leave Australia this week (maybe Thursday or Friday). I will be looking forwards to see your pen with one on the UK timbers, and also some, that you will make with the timbers I'm sending you.

Once again, thanks mate!

RBTCO

robutacion
15th March 2009, 02:41 PM
Hi Everyone,

I decided that would make a lot of sense to conclude this issue, or at least give it a more close to "end" look, but showing what I was after (parts) and what was sent back as a payment attempt to this forumate of ours.

According to Happy amateur, his total costs were about AU$60, including freight to me, which I reckon was pretty good.

Happy amateur did show preference to have Australian timbers as a reimbursement and he admitted to make pens so, it was obvious what I was going to send him back. The add a little "spice" into the issue, I offer my 11 pen blanks to one finished pen option to him, to which he accepted so, the decision was made in what I would send to Happy amateur, 2 x each of the 25 (total of 50 blanks) species I have available in 1" x 1" x 5"1/2, properly clean, fully waxed and packed to count with any extra moisture created in or around the parcel.

The wax did make the parcel a little heavier but, the whole 50 pen blanks did fit very snugly into the Post pack Mailing box size BM at 4.2kg total weight.

Is going to take a little longer to get there, as is going via sea-freight, but and according to Happy amateur, the winter is still on in full force, making impossible to do any shed work (freezing cold....!!!!) so, and if everything goes well, by the time the blanks get to him, winter is possibly gone, and the gouges will be all sharp and ready for action. There is the plan, isn't it mate?

Happy amateur, will make me a pen with one on the UK timbers, leaving him plenty of blanks to work with!:D

So, and apart from the fact that the band-saw is now fully operational with the new parts, I believe that it will be a little while before I can show you the pen from our UK forumate! unless Happy amateur wants to say something in between, which is most welcome to do so...! came on mate...!:;

RBTCO