PDA

View Full Version : Missing it badly

wheelinround
14th February 2009, 06:30 PM
The itch is there I need to scratch :U

I have spent a few days :tvh: just watching Wood turning and Wood Working DVD's a bit of forced R&R.

LOML goes and opens the garage internal door and in it wafts that distinct aromatic essence of WOOD n TOOL'S begging to be used

By the time this rain :rain2: stops I might just be fit enough to get out there.:2tsup:.

fletty
14th February 2009, 06:57 PM
By the time this rain :rain2: stops I might just be fit enough to get out there.:2tsup:.
GOOD CALL!
I've got your timber from the Ward dynasty stacked beside the bandsaw. I guess you need it cut into blanks to do that roundy, turny thing?
Some of the slabs are 60mm thick so should I run some down to 60x60xwhatever?

Fletty

echnidna
14th February 2009, 07:16 PM
Get a set of carving chisels &/or whittling knives and learn another type of woodwork

Sawdust Maker
14th February 2009, 07:31 PM
'tis not good :no:
hope your feelin better soon
A man not in his shed can only be grumpy (damn the day job!)

Ad de Crom
14th February 2009, 08:18 PM
Hi mate, when the smell of the wood calls, it's time to give that smell an answer.
Take care
Ad

graemet
14th February 2009, 08:29 PM
G'day Ray,
We missed your smiling face at the Sydney get-together today.:D
Get yourself fixed up ASAP:2tsup:
Cheers
Graeme

wheelinround
15th February 2009, 10:12 AM
GOOD CALL!
I've got your timber from the Ward dynasty stacked beside the bandsaw. I guess you need it cut into blanks to do that roundy, turny thing?
Some of the slabs are 60mm thick so should I run some down to 60x60xwhatever?

Fletty

:2tsup: Thanks Fletty

:rolleyes: Whats the full dimensions Fletty of these lovely bits as from the sound of 60mm not only will they cut nicely into 60x60 for candle stick stems but maybe a couple walking sticks and rounds for platters.

Sue has been told that there is more of that timber Douglas Fir from across the road to be had willing to share it as I believe there maybe more than I could handle.:roll:

Quote:
Originally Posted by echnidna http://image-mirror.cyanide.com.au/woodworkforums/images/button2/viewpost.gif (http://www.woodworkforums.com/showthread.php?p=897157#post897157)
Get a set of carving chisels &/or whittling knives and learn another type of woodwork

Bob if the hands were strong enough I would give carving ago have the Dremel and some nice carving bits though.

saying that we have a scrollsaw still yet to be used for other than a bit of practice.

Nick Ad and Graeme it will happen thanks for the thoughts.

Nick this is true latest visit into the hospital in ambo the guy started talking SHEDS and of course we got talking his words "Every man needs a shed" it then went onto tools and he got told of the forum lets hope he at least visits.:2tsup:

Ad it will be like a new awakening when it happens.:U

Graeme trying the best I can my support crew (LOML) slaps me round when needed and is there for me every step of the way.

fletty
15th February 2009, 10:23 AM
I'll load it all in the landrover and drop in tomorrow (afternoon?). If you mark it up I'll bring it back, cut it up for 'roundy' things and return it later in the week.
Fletty

wheelinround
15th February 2009, 11:30 AM
I'll load it all in the landrover and drop in tomorrow (afternoon?). If you mark it up I'll bring it back, cut it up for 'roundy' things and return it later in the week.
Fletty

Ok see you then