PDA

View Full Version : Oak bedroom suite

mailee
16th February 2009, 09:13 AM
after spending all of yesterday planing up some American White Oak, I started work today on the wardrobe doors. I morticed all of the door rails and cut the tennons for one door. I finished the day off with a dry fit of the first door although I still have a rebate to cut for the panel yet.

Vernonv
16th February 2009, 11:33 AM
Hi Mailee,
Looking good. Can't wait to see more progress pics.

Can I ask - what is the reason you put a notch in the tennon on the bottom rail?

BobR
16th February 2009, 11:46 AM
That is going to be a good solid door. Looking forward to the finished pics.

mailee
17th February 2009, 07:06 AM
Thanks guys. Vernon the haunch in the top and bottom rails is to stop them twisting and as someone pointed out in another forum if the glue gives way it stops the rail falling out! :D
I went back in the shop this afternoon and managed to get the other three door frames finished and ready for the rebates. I finished off the evening setting up the table saw to cut these with a scrap offcut. Tomorrow I can get straight on with cutting them and preparing the panels for fitting. I do still have one small door to make for the computer desk and will tackle this on it's own. :wink:

mailee
18th February 2009, 07:16 AM
I managed to get the frames all rebated today. I also started cutting the panels to size and fitting them. I finished the evening by completing the first door. Tomorrow I hope to finish the remainder of the panels and start work on the small door for the computer desk. :wink:

mailee
23rd February 2009, 07:43 AM
I have been pretty busy of late with general joinery jobs. I have also been setting up a website for my woodwork so haven't had a lot of time for the bedroom suite. I did manage to get back into the shop today though and got the rest of the doors finished ready for assembly. I should get some more work done on them this week now the site is finished.