PDA

View Full Version : Two minutes late for sunset but!!!!!!

fenderbelly
18th February 2009, 10:19 PM
Went out looking to photgraph some Correllas that i had seen flying round town today, drove round town and not a sign of them, thought do i go North or South,North won out more and bigger trees.

Still no birds so i head back into town to see the most beautiful sun going down over the rooftops, off to the creek, one other photographer there taking pics by the time i get the tripod and camera set up i'm just a smidgine too late.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i300/plodger/sunset18feb003.jpg

When the sun dropped fully i swivelled the camera 90 degrees and got this shot so i am still happy.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i300/plodger/sunset18feb024ANComp.jpg

I will be there earlier tomorrow. ( i hope ).

Cheers Fred

Enfield Guy
20th February 2009, 05:35 PM
Great shots. I'm not sure why you are a bit down on yourself!!! They are great. I find that the best sunset shots I have taken are quite a while after the sun has finished setting. Stay for another twenty minutes, take a shot at standard exposure, one half a stop more and one half a stop more again. Repeat every 2 - 3 minutes. You might be surprised what the camera sees that you don't.

In the modern age of digital it's no skin off your nose after all!!!

Bevan

wheelinround
20th February 2009, 06:32 PM
Fred :doh: stop it you know they are bloody fantastic shots :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

fenderbelly
20th February 2009, 11:57 PM
Thanks guys, i did go back the following night, much more cloud cover not the same, however i know the lady who lives up the hill a bit and went up there.

Strange isnt it how water seems to add so much to a photograph, no water up the hill and so the foreground was as black as the ace of spades.
There will be many more oppertunities in the future.

i really was happy with the shots just thought the first one could have been so much better given that extra 2 minutes.

Cheers Fred