PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Wood Shavings Sydney

horselandtash
19th February 2009, 02:11 PM
Hi There,

I am new to this forum and I thought I would see what my chances of coming across some free Wood Shavings within 30mins drive of Sydney ( to be used a horse bedding).

Please email: [email protected]
Phone: 0404 224 831

wheelinround
19th February 2009, 02:14 PM
lets hope thats not 30 mins east unless its for sea horses

welcome to the fun house

sawdust well I am sure there are lots of woodies in Sydney willing to help I am Sth west but none to pass on ATM.

horselandtash
19th February 2009, 02:16 PM
Hi,

No horse is in city lol!

we go to two different places at the moment, but they dont have a lot of shavings.

Vernonv
19th February 2009, 03:22 PM
Hi and welcome Horselandtash,
You need to be a little careful about getting "any old" shavings. Most of the shavings generated from normal woodwork activities are actually a mixture of shavings and dust - the dust is probably no good for horses and certainly no good for humans.

The commercial shavings/bedding products have the dust removed, so that there are only shavings left (for the most part).

petersemple
19th February 2009, 03:31 PM
Not in Sydney, but it probably isn't a great idea to have your email address and phone number in your post. Everyone with access to the internet in the entire world potentially has access to that information. You might be better to edit your post to remove them and then communicate with people through Personal Message or email through the forum.

Peter

Sawdust Maker
19th February 2009, 10:00 PM
You might be better asking for the shavings etc from a turner.
I'd offer mine but I wouldn't do the quantity you would be looking for - I'm a weekend turner :U

Chris Parks
19th February 2009, 11:33 PM
Look in the phone book for wood turners.