PDA

View Full Version : A little risque... ;)

ElizaLeahy
21st February 2009, 02:51 PM
Breaking through the bowl the other day made me think. What if I did that on purpose and put another contrasting bit in the middle? Doing it on purpose would solve the problem of how to get it back on the lathe...

So I did it on purpose.

I know all those sessions with a nude model would come in handy!

I still have to sand the bowl hole a bit to fit the stand better, and then glue it. Not much glue should be needed.

There you have it "The Nipple Bowl"! I don't think this is an original idea, it's too obvious!

SawDustSniffer
21st February 2009, 03:25 PM
:2tsup:you could even hollow the top for dip
i remember "Skew" once saying " hole in the bottom , no problem , leave it there ,put your finger through it and scare the kiddies with " the severed finger in the bowl of lollies" at party's:2tsup:

ElizaLeahy
21st February 2009, 03:27 PM
Actually I don't think I'll glue it. The "nipple" can be a conversation piece on the coffee table, then I'll bring the plate out and slip it on and put nuts in it. :U

robutacion
21st February 2009, 03:33 PM
Breaking through the bowl the other day made me think. What if I did that on purpose and put another contrasting bit in the middle? Doing it on purpose would solve the problem of how to get it back on the lathe...

So I did it on purpose.

I still have to sand the bowl hole a bit to fit the stand better, and then glue it. Not much glue should be needed.

There you have it "The Nipple Bowl"! I don't think this is an original idea, it's too obvious!

Are you kidding me...?
I'm glad that you didn't put the "nipple" end coming out from the other end of the bowl, otherwise what would you call it then? "A super tittie?" :o:doh::D
Sorry, I forgot we have ladies in the room...!:B

Good save!

Cheers:2tsup:
RBTCO

powderpost
21st February 2009, 03:47 PM
Excellent recovery.. :2tsup:
Jim

ElizaLeahy
21st February 2009, 03:49 PM
Are you kidding me...?
Sorry, I forgot we have ladies in the room...!:B

Good save!

Cheers:2tsup:
RBTCO

I'm one of them!

And no, I'm not kidding you...?

:B

Ad de Crom
21st February 2009, 09:51 PM
Eliza, you did a proper job. Functional, that's what I like.
Ad

Ed Reiss
22nd February 2009, 12:11 AM
OK....that was clever:2tsup:

artme
22nd February 2009, 08:17 AM
Can we have a pic of the nude model, just to see how good your eye is for detail?:D:D:D

ElizaLeahy
22nd February 2009, 08:20 AM
Can we have a pic of the nude model, just to see how good your eye is for detail?:D:D:D

Sure!

http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2008-04/37891096.jpg

rotten_66
22nd February 2009, 09:53 AM
Sure!

http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2008-04/37891096.jpg

That's cruel!!!!

scotty60
22nd February 2009, 10:08 AM
Its so life like you done great job :roflmao:

echnidna
22nd February 2009, 10:10 AM
:roflmao2:

Harry72
22nd February 2009, 12:32 PM
Manboobs!

new_guy90
22nd February 2009, 12:41 PM

say what? how does that look like a nipple? :?

...............ok on the other hand it looks like a very nice bowl for sitting on the table and i think you have just came up with something very original :2tsup: good on ya ill have to remember that when i go through a bowl :((

Patrick

Texian
22nd February 2009, 12:42 PM
Can't tell the size, but it looks not unlike a ring saver and jewelry dish, as used near the sink or on a nightstand. Depends upon the nipple diameter.

ElizaLeahy
22nd February 2009, 12:56 PM
say what? how does that look like a nipple? :?

Patrick

It's ok Patrick, we understand. You were bottle fed, right?

heehee

ElizaLeahy
22nd February 2009, 12:58 PM
Can't tell the size, but it looks not unlike a ring saver and jewelry dish, as used near the sink or on a nightstand. Depends upon the nipple diameter.

It's a bit big - the nipple is lifesize - if you are a bloke ;)

I could pierce it!!!!

Harry72
22nd February 2009, 01:11 PM
Put it on ETSY.... Nippled lolly bowl!

arose62
23rd February 2009, 11:30 AM
I saw an article a while back on square turned bowls, and I'm sure there was a comment that the "nipple bowls" (or maybe "boob bowls") were the turner's 'signature piece'.

I *think* it may have been Vic Wood, see this piece:

http://www.ubeaut.com.au/sheoak2.html

Cheers,
Andrew

new_guy90
23rd February 2009, 08:26 PM
It's ok Patrick, we understand. You were bottle fed, right?

heehee

:shutup1::sad3::weeping::russian::stretcher::stars::ohcrap::rip: man thats a killer :(

honest it looks like a peanut dish and an upside down cup :? ..........anyway nice idea ......im going to go sit in the corner of a bit lol

Patrick

ElizaLeahy
24th February 2009, 08:02 AM
I see your problem Patrick, you are looking at the whole thing. Only the point looks like a nipple.

new_guy90
24th February 2009, 07:54 PM
I see your problem Patrick, you are looking at the whole thing. Only the point looks like a nipple.

:doh: got it now ............enough said

Patrick