PDA

View Full Version : Spooky

ozwinner
25th May 2004, 07:58 PM
Hi

Many years ago I used to live in Gorton, Manchester.

It was around Christmas time and we ( my wife and I ) were visiting my parents, who lived about 2 miles away.

It had been snowing, so we opted to walk rather than take the car.

We left my parents place about 2 am to walk the 2 miles home, in the same street as our house is an old cemetery, the earliest graves date back to the 1500’s.

Also in the same street, well, lane actually, there was a battle between Cromwell and who ever he was fighting ( everyone).

There is also a row of small houses dating from the early 1600’s, with an inn where it is said Dick Turpin, the highway robber stayed.

The whole of the area is in a bowl shaped depression with a brook running through it. The area was known as Gore Town :p after the many battles there ( blood and gore).

Anyway you get the picture, old, damp.

So we are walking home at about 2 am, freezing cold, minus 6, and no alcohol, I didn’t drink then.

As it had snowed it was deadly quiet and bright.

As we went passed the cemetery this voice said, “give us your wallet’, nah, I just made that bit up. :D Sorry cant help it.:D

The voice called my name out, ALLAN, really slowly.

I looked at the missus, screamed, and bolted (only decent thing to do ), well, they, it, wasn’t after her.

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/xerx/smileythescream.gif
To this day I still get the hair on the back of my neck standing on end when I think of it.

There was no one who would have been there at that time of night who knew us.

And my parents were as surprised as I was, when I told them.

Cheers, Spooky Al http://smilies.jeeptalk.org/contrib/tweetz/scared.gifhttp://smilies.jeeptalk.org/contrib/tweetz/scared.gifhttp://smilies.jeeptalk.org/contrib/tweetz/scared.gifhttp://smilies.jeeptalk.org/contrib/tweetz/scared.gif

Now this is freeky, Ive taken the spaces out of this post 3 times.....?

Try again for the 4th time.

OK I give up, the spaces stay.</FONT></FONT>

TA DA !!!! JUST LIKE MAGIC - CHEERS! SHANE

Bunyip
25th May 2004, 08:41 PM
Hey Al, its me ... Dick .... :eek:

Gotya good eh? Too easy !
And stop friggin around with my spaces ... It'll only make things worse later ...

Cheers, Rotten Dick

MrFixIt
29th May 2004, 07:51 PM
Hi Al

I don't know if I believe you about the spaces:D So I'm going to delete them from this quoted copy. If they reappear THEN I'll believe you:D

Beginning here...........BTW I'm also taking out the size/font formatting, as that might be causing your spacing problem - kind of like the spcing you get around quoted messages.

Many years ago I used to live in Gorton, Manchester. It was around Christmas time and we ( my wife and I ) were visiting my parents, who lived about 2 miles away.

It had been snowing, so we opted to walk rather than take the car. We left my parents place about (don't know what happened here, as the time was missing in the original message) Also in the same street, well, lane actually, there was a battle between Cromwell and who ever he was fighting ( everyone).

There is also a row of small houses dating from the early 1600’s, with an inn where it is said Dick Turpin, the highway robber stayed.

The whole of the area is in a bowl shaped depression with a brook running through it. The area was known as Gore after the many battles there ( blood and gore).

to walk the 2 miles home, in the same street as our house is an old cemetery, the earliest graves date back to the 1500’s.

Anyway you get the picture, old, damp.[/size][/font]:o</P>
So we are walking home at about 2 am, freezing cold, minus 6, and no alcohol, I didn’t drink then.

As it had snowed it was deadly quiet and bright. As we went passed the cemetery this voice said, “give us your wallet’, nah, I just made that bit up. :D Sorry cant help it.:D The voice called my name out, ALLAN, really slowly.

I looked at the missus, screamed, and bolted (only decent thing to do ), well, they, it, wasn’t after her.

To this day I still get the hair on the back of my neck standing on end when I think of it.

There was no one who would have been there at that time of night who knew us. And my parents were as surprised as I was, when I told them.

Now this is freeky, Ive taken the spaces out of this post 3 times.....?

Try again for the 4th time.

OK I give up, the spaces stay.

Well I just previewed the message and it was OK, submitting it now:D

Neil
30th May 2004, 03:19 PM
The reason for the spaces etc, is because you are using HTML code in the post. You will find it is better to use the vB code. If you have coppied the post, which it looks like you have then you needed to remove all the code lines.

HTML code work on these forums but if you mix any vB code (no mater how little) with it you can end up with a mess. It also helps if you know what you're doing with the HTML code.

Cheers - Neil :D

ozwinner
30th May 2004, 03:36 PM
Thanks Neil

I did it in Word, the cut and pasteded it?
So its not the spooks then? :D

Al

Shane Watson
30th May 2004, 04:22 PM
And just like magic a little wave of the wand and all is well again! ;)