PDA

View Full Version : Commission a small wood turning job

RickR
27th February 2009, 05:29 PM
Hi,

I'm hoping I might be able to pay a fellow member to make four 40mm diameter by 85mm long pieces. I will use them as legs for a stereo amplifier I'm building. Nothing fancy, just dowels basically.

Cheers
Rick

ElizaLeahy
27th February 2009, 06:08 PM
You want four the same?

:oo:

ss_11000
27th February 2009, 06:10 PM
i would do em for ya but i dont have the time.

i'm sure there is plenty of sydney blokes that will do it for ya:2tsup:

RickR
27th February 2009, 06:56 PM
Hi Eliza,

Yup, 4 the same.

Rick

ElizaLeahy
27th February 2009, 06:59 PM
I'm not in Sydney, does that make a difference?

RickR
27th February 2009, 07:09 PM
Doesn't matter at all. I'm happy to pay the shipping. A dark hardwood is all I'm after so if that's what you have at hand. The only only other request was that I need a 5mm x 40mm deep hole in each as well.

Rick

ElizaLeahy
27th February 2009, 07:41 PM
You lost me at "hardwood". I have lots of silky oak, I think about the right size.

I think I'll leave it to someone more experienced!

funkychicken
27th February 2009, 09:22 PM
Aww maybe...

:p Whatddya mean by dark hardwood? Will Jarrah do?

What payment will I receive?....Just kidding. Although if you've got any sheoak for my collection:wink:

RickR
27th February 2009, 09:47 PM
Eliza,
Sorry, must be the Canadian coming out of me. I guess most of Aussie wood is "hardwood" or diciguous as opposed to softwood or evergreen, such as pine. I can send you some blackwood that I have. That should do the trick.

Cheers

turnerted
1st March 2009, 05:28 PM
RickR
If you are anywhere near Burwood and want to bring your wood over I can probably do this for you . PM me if you are interested .

Ted

wheelinround
1st March 2009, 05:33 PM
Rick how about some photo's of this wood and an idea of what it is.

I wish I could do it for you if you get stuck no real offers off this forum
try a local turners group to your location

Ray

SawDustSniffer
1st March 2009, 05:44 PM
I'll do it , post a pick of your stereo cabinet so i have some idea of the colour of the timber ,style of ?brass? fittings and another pick of the feet of other furniture in the same room and ill see what i can come up with ( they wont be plane dowels:2tsup: ),but ill ask that you pay the post from Darwin ,see if anyone closer will help

RickR
1st March 2009, 05:45 PM
Thanks for the tip of the woodturners group. Turnerted has kindly offered to have a go at it.

Rick

Sawdust Maker
1st March 2009, 08:15 PM
I was sort of wondering what you actually wanted
can you show us pics of the final articles

RickR
1st March 2009, 08:34 PM
Once they are made, sure. Nothing special really, just a straight 40mm diameter 85mm long piece. Doubt they are much to look at.

Rick

Sawdust Maker
1st March 2009, 08:42 PM
probably could have done that - thought you wanted something fancy. I'm still practising the fancy stuff