PDA

View Full Version : Fairy Goblet the first...

ElizaLeahy
28th February 2009, 07:44 PM
I made my first fairy goblet tonight. Took half an hour - I was hiding from the NEWS. :)

It's 7cm high, cup is 3cm across, base is 3.5cm.

and it's too dark to photograph it...

So here is a bird.

:bird2:

I looked everywhere for the "this thread is pointless without pictures" icon, but couldn't find it.

Tomorrow we have to go to the gallery and set up for the show...

:oo::oo::oo::oo::oo::oo::oo::oo:

Can you tell how scared I am?

But after that I'll try and take a photo of it.

Sawdust Maker
28th February 2009, 07:47 PM
nice bird
good luck at the gallery

Manuka Jock
28th February 2009, 07:50 PM
I made my first fairy goblet tonight. Took half an hour - I was hiding from the NEWS. :)

It's 7cm high, cup is 3cm across, base is 3.5cm.

and it's too dark to photograph it...

So here is a bird.

:bird2:

I looked everywhere for the "this thread is pointless without pictures" icon, but couldn't find it.

But after that I'll try and take a photo of it.

Here (http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/misc.php?do=getsmilies&editorid=vB_Editor_001) ya go lass :D

:worthless:

Scroll about a third of the way down, to
'SIGNS & MESSAGES'

Ed Reiss
1st March 2009, 12:18 AM

Courage Eliza...you'll do OK:U:U

Good luck at the show.

artme
1st March 2009, 08:48 AM
I think your excuse is fairy nuff!! :;:;:D

Paul39
1st March 2009, 11:06 AM
Eliza,

You do nice work. The worst that can happen is that you bring it all home.

I don't think you will have to do that.

Good luck.

ElizaLeahy
1st March 2009, 11:19 AM
Thank you. I do expect to bring most of it home, at the prices I'm asking! lol

But then, if I sell just one, I'll be happy!

I have another group show in May, but I can only put in 3 pieces. I have TWENTY SIX!!!!!!!!! in this show!

Framing now... but took time off to take a photo for you.

If I take photos of the show, can I show them here?

Paul39
1st March 2009, 11:43 AM
Eliza,

With 26 pieces you will find quickly what sells.

I am a retired commercial photographer and have photographed artists works over the years.

Almost all of them would make a few spectacular pieces to express themselves, but would also have a bunch of almost assembly line things that were modestly priced and would surely sell. This applied to wood workers, potters, photographers, metal workers, glass workers, etc.

ElizaLeahy
1st March 2009, 11:59 AM
Eliza,

With 26 pieces you will find quickly what sells.

I am a retired commercial photographer and have photographed artists works over the years.

Almost all of them would make a few spectacular pieces to express themselves, but would also have a bunch of almost assembly line things that were modestly priced and would surely sell. This applied to wood workers, potters, photographers, metal workers, glass workers, etc.

Yes, I have a heap of little pieces that are, as you say "assembly line". They sell on average of $100 to $250

And then I have what I call "important works". Like Contemplating Mortality...

(as you go down the picture you find he gets older, the bottom fingers being bone... heehee) I think I have $3000 on him - and I don't care if he sells or not.

RETIRED
1st March 2009, 01:01 PM
Yes, I have a heap of little pieces that are, as you say "assembly line". They sell on average of $100 to $250

(as you go down the picture you find he gets older, the bottom fingers being bone... heehee) I think I have $3000 on him - and I don't care if he sells or not.Where did you get my photo from?:wink::D

ElizaLeahy
1st March 2009, 03:01 PM
, I have another one... but I don't think I can post it here....

;)

bowl-basher
1st March 2009, 07:30 PM
I think that pic is of quite a few of us!!!!!!!

Sawdust Maker
1st March 2009, 08:05 PM
Great artwork
there but for a little (ok a bloody lot) talent go I
I can only look at such and think - I'll look and not do (in that realm)

ElizaLeahy
1st March 2009, 09:04 PM
You should come to the show, if you are in Brissie. Then you can see the nudes I can't post here

:;

chippy 71
1st March 2009, 11:57 PM
You should come to the show, if you are in Brissie. Then you can see the nudes I can't post here

Is that the show that is on at the Metro this coming weekend?

Colin.

robutacion
2nd March 2009, 01:07 AM

(as you go down the picture you find he gets older, the bottom fingers being bone... heehee) I think I have $3000 on him - and I don't care if he sells or not.

Hi Eliza,

I can't get this picture off my head since I first saw it a few weeks back at your web site. I don't have $3.000 to buy this piece but, would you give me permission to save in on my computer as a main screen image. Do I need to say that is something about it that attracts me like a magma...?

Please say yes...!:D

Cheers:2tsup:
RBTCO

Ed Reiss
2nd March 2009, 05:56 AM
I think that pic is of quite a few of us!!!!!!!

...hey now, some of us ain't that good lookin':C:q:U

ElizaLeahy
2nd March 2009, 08:16 AM
It's at the metro in Edward Street from now until the 14th. "opening night" is this coming Friday (5 days after it's already open, but oh well). So yes?

Are you coming to the opening? I'll be there with Gem and Zoe.

ElizaLeahy
2nd March 2009, 08:23 AM
Hi Eliza,

I can't get this picture off my head since I first saw it a few weeks back at your web site. I don't have $3.000 to buy this piece but, would you give me permission to save in on my computer as a main screen image. Do I need to say that is something about it that attracts me like a magma...?

Please say yes...!:D

Cheers:2tsup:
RBTCO

You can put it on your computer without permission :)

Sawdust Maker
3rd March 2009, 08:40 AM

"Dear
I'm just nipping up to Brissie to look at some drawings of some nudes. That ok?"

Yep I can see myself getting away with that! :no:

ElizaLeahy
3rd March 2009, 08:48 AM
I sold one yesterday!!! They were still hanging the show (I hung mine myself, the day before). I got an email this morning telling me one was sold.

Not a big one though, one of the little cheapies. :)

Rattrap
3rd March 2009, 08:54 AM
Surely the people here are mature enough to appreceate a nude & not be offended???
i'd love to see some pics of your nudes.

ElizaLeahy
3rd March 2009, 09:06 AM
It's a bit different..

I only have the two nudes. Medusa was an exercise in negative space. I did a scratchboard of a womans torso, with the hair as the negative area - that is, I scratched around the hair, leaving it black.

Very pretty picture, and I thought "that's what people think of when they hear "nude" in art. So let's give them something that they don't think of."

So I did a picture of a man, from belly to thigh, shall we say, it's not a very exciting picture? Hairy though :) I called it "Adam".

I don't think I can show it here ;)

RETIRED
3rd March 2009, 01:02 PM
Surely the people here are mature enough to appreceate a nude & not be offended???
i'd love to see some pics of your nudes.People that visit here probably are but this site is used by schools for reference material and I can almost guarantee that if we allowed one nude to be put here we would get a rash of complaints.

If that happens we lose our Google rating of which we are very proud.

Rattrap
3rd March 2009, 02:42 PM
np:2tsup: