PDA

View Full Version : Double bed end need turning

athertonc17
1st March 2009, 05:52 PM
My step son's school project (Year 12) needs a piece of wood 4" x 4" turned down. We live in Penrith NSW and have heard of a professional company (Craig & Son) in the Warragamba/Silverdale area. Can anyone help me with phone/address etc or has someone here got the right size lathe, BIG DOUBLE BED, that can help us.

Thanks in advance, Pieter

wheelinround
1st March 2009, 06:01 PM
Good project welcome

is that 4"x4" its width and length???

The length is going to be the problem I guess

ss_11000
1st March 2009, 10:07 PM
My step son's school project (Year 12) needs a piece of wood 4" x 4" turned down. We live in Penrith NSW and have heard of a professional company (Craig & Son) in the Warragamba/Silverdale area. Can anyone help me with phone/address etc or has someone here got the right size lathe, BIG DOUBLE BED, that can help us.

Thanks in advance, Pieter

Is he trying to find a lathe to turn it himself or is he finding someone to turn it for him.
I reccomend he does it himself so he can get marked for it. if he outsurces he has to acknowledge he didnt make it and he will not get marked for that piece:)

sorry, i cant help with the company's details.

cheers:cool:

China
1st March 2009, 10:23 PM
What's all the fuss about am I missng something 4"x4" is not very big, there would would be any number of workshops who could do it.

RETIRED
1st March 2009, 10:31 PM
What's all the fuss about am I missng something 4"x4" is not very big, there would would be any number of workshops who could do it.But how long?

Manuka Jock
1st March 2009, 10:37 PM
What's all the fuss about am I missng something 4"x4" is not very big, there would would be any number of workshops who could do it.

Four inch square stock is not the issue;

This is the bit here that counts ,

"has someone here got the right size lathe, BIG DOUBLE BED ",
as in a double bed end

That could mean a lathe up to 2 M long .

SawDustSniffer
1st March 2009, 11:41 PM
yep , 2170mm between centers , DVR with 3 extension beds , but shipping to Darwin ??? may be not a good idea Via Australia post
ive made a 4 poster bed with it
any one could tennon 3 bits togeather
cince this is a who's got the biggest thread , how big is yours

China
2nd March 2009, 12:13 AM
As above you turn in sections

RETIRED
2nd March 2009, 04:41 AM
yep , 2170mm between centers , DVR with 3 extension beds , but shipping to Darwin ??? may be not a good idea Via Australia post
ive made a 4 poster bed with it
any one could tennon 3 bits togeather
cince this is a who's got the biggest thread , how big is yours11.2 metres between centres.

Calm
2nd March 2009, 06:29 AM
11.2 metres between centres.

Yeah but can you turn outboard????????:D:D:wink::rolleyes:

ElizaLeahy
2nd March 2009, 08:14 AM
We turn our mattress every couple of months.

:D