PDA

View Full Version : hair tearing components

mic-d
2nd March 2009, 02:55 PM
I seem to have made a component made up of components which is causing me some grief. How can undo all the components so I can just define one compnent?

Cheers
Michael

joe greiner
2nd March 2009, 11:04 PM
See if there's an "explode" command. There is such a command in AutoCAD. Then gather all of the parts to make a new "block." (again, AutoCAD terminology).

Cheers,
Joe

mic-d
2nd March 2009, 11:06 PM
See if there's an "explode" command. There is such a command in AutoCAD. Then gather all of the parts to make a new "block." (again, AutoCAD terminology).

Cheers,
Joe

Thanks Joe, I couldn't find anything like that. I just started over again:-

Cheers
Michael

Rattrap
3rd March 2009, 08:57 AM
There is an explode component command on sketchup. Just right click on the component & choose explode.

mic-d
3rd March 2009, 07:56 PM
There is an explode component command on sketchup. Just right click on the component & choose explode.
Goog to know there is something. Now I just have to work out how to do it on a Mac...
Cheers
Michael

martink
4th March 2009, 04:45 PM
Goog to know there is something. Now I just have to work out how to do it on a Mac...
Cheers
Michael

Does pressing down the control key and clicking the mouse button work? That is the way to do a normal right click on the mac - might work here:)

Ciao,

M.

mic-d
4th March 2009, 10:57 PM
Does pressing down the control key and clicking the mouse button work? That is the way to do a normal right click on the mac - might work here:)

Ciao,

M.
Ju are a genius! That brought up a menu with Explode... and that worked too

Cheers
Michael

BantyMom
3rd August 2009, 01:24 PM
I'm a Mac user too. I decided I wanted to be able to play a computer game called StarCraft, and using control-click just wasn't going to be fast enough. I got a fairly inexpensive 2-button mouse from Logitech and it works great on the Mac. An entire right-click world has opened up for me!