PDA

View Full Version : Ripsnorter pics

hughie
4th March 2009, 09:06 PM
Heres a few pics of the ripsnorter. Why ripsnorter? Well, Cliff came up with it and its kinda stuck. :U Anyway this gives an idea of the size of it etc.

I tried to take some pics of a couple of old milling cutters I had ground up as hollowing tools. Not enough light, so will to have another go in daylight. :~ The grind is similar to the drill bit hollower video posted on Youtube.

Sawdust Maker
4th March 2009, 09:26 PM
Looks good:2tsup:
when does mine turn up?
I gather you had a slight concern that it might pull out of a handle, hence the shark grip tenon
(hey that sounded alright might trademark the "shark grip tenon" thought)

hughie
5th March 2009, 05:41 AM
Looks good:2tsup:
when does mine turn up?
I gather you had a slight concern that it might pull out of a handle, hence the shark grip tenon
(hey that sounded alright might trademark the "shark grip tenon" thought)

:U No worries Nick, I'm doing a major mail out Friday or Sat morning.

Shark grip tenon good one :2tsup:. I have not had any of mine pull out. But I thought it would not hurt to make darn sure, I am always looking at improvement possibilties.

ElizaLeahy
5th March 2009, 08:01 AM
What's it do?

I'm going to have to put my drill thing off another week or two, painting sales allowing! :)

artme
5th March 2009, 09:17 AM
What's it do?

Rips and snorts through the timber when you hollow out hollow vessels.:):D

Pat
5th March 2009, 09:34 AM
Hughie, I cannot wait till mine turns :) up!

new_guy90
5th March 2009, 08:02 PM
I tried to take some pics of a couple of old milling cutters I had ground up as hollowing tools.

you using end mills? looks like a useful tool, i could get old end mills from work but most of the stuff is carbide :((

can you post a link to he youtube vid?

hughie
5th March 2009, 08:31 PM
you using end mills? looks like a useful tool, i could get old end mills from work but most of the stuff is carbide :(( Good they are better than HSS by far, if you have too many, send em my way :U

can you post a link to he youtube vid?[/quote]

Here you go, the quality is poor you can hardly see the tool tip when he holds it up. :C

http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?t=89845

Eliza its a big brother of what you have ordered, check out the pics carefully and look at the rule placed along side.

What's it do?

I'm going to have to put my drill thing off another week or two, painting sales allowing! :)
[/QUOTE]

no worries

Sawdust Maker
5th March 2009, 09:08 PM
you using end mills? looks like a useful tool, i could get old end mills from work but most of the stuff is carbide :((

can you post a link to he youtube vid?

Yep if as Hughie says you have too much I can gladly look after some for you :D

PS wouldn't know how to sharpen it, mind you

Sawdust Maker
5th March 2009, 09:10 PM
What's it do?

Sell an extra painting and buy me one :D