PDA

View Full Version : Bobby B

BOBBY BOUCH
28th May 2004, 06:18 PM
Hello guys new to site but i am about to upgrade from my triton saw bench to
something a bit more accurate and easier to use and a reasonable price what do you guys recommend

Thanks Bobby B

jow104
28th May 2004, 06:34 PM
How about an handsaw????

Sturdee
28th May 2004, 07:22 PM
Welcome Bobby and I hope this will be the first of many posts.

A continuing subject on this board is the Triton workcentre versus a table saw and which make of tablesaw is best. The best I could suggest is that you use the search function and read the posts and then make an informed decision based on your needs.

Good luck and when you decide what to get post your experiences.

Peter.

craigb
28th May 2004, 07:30 PM
I'd echo what Peter said. There are just too many variables to be able to give a simple answer to your question. Not the least of the variables is the price. Remember, with woodwork gear, as with everything else, you get what you pay for.

Welcome to the forum :)

Craig

bitingmidge
28th May 2004, 07:41 PM
a bit more accurate and easier to use and a reasonable price

To misquote a famous yacht designer: I can give you any two of the above.

P

John Saxton
28th May 2004, 08:51 PM
Hi BOBBY, moving away to another saw bench and upgrading does not necessarily mean buying new again because as an option there is still plenty of good machinery out there probably sitting idle in some back shed!
Look in your weekend trader newspaper or whatever local means you have to check advertisements.
You'll surely find second hand machinery that would be reasonably accurate with a little bit of tuning and may well have a real good fence to go with it.

You can pick up a good machine with perhaps a cast table and fence that will give the rigidity you're looking for.Check out the deceased auctions as well a source where you may well pick up a bargain.
Like Sturdee said do a search here and you'll most likely get an informed opinion on what you could be looking for.

Good luck
Cheers :)