PDA

View Full Version : Carbatec Sydney Sale

DarrylF
28th May 2004, 10:43 PM
Anyone go to the Carbatec Sydney sale today? Any reports? I've been once before, but I was wondering how much of a battering the credit card is going to get on tomorrow's trip :)

craigb
29th May 2004, 06:38 PM
Hi Darryl,

Yep I went yesterday. Guess it's to late for you now as you've obviously already been :)

For anybody thinking of going tomorrow, it seems that 15% of everything is pretty close to the mark.

I got me a TSC-10HB. Just have to wait patiently for it now.. :D

Cheers
Craig

AlexS
29th May 2004, 07:56 PM
Yep, good price on the TSC-10HB. I went down intending to get a CT-10ST, but at $1260 plus some good discounts on other stuff the TSC-10HB won me.

Will Sir be starting a TSC-10HB forum with blue colour scheme to counter the orange roughies?

RETIRED
29th May 2004, 08:01 PM
I don't think so. :eek:

Wayne Davy
29th May 2004, 08:04 PM
Awww come on - I could show off my new toy then - while not a TSC-10HB it does have the correct colours :D

ozwinner
29th May 2004, 08:21 PM
Wayne, why is that block of wood circled in your latest piccy?

Al

Wayne Davy
29th May 2004, 08:32 PM
Al,

Actually, it's not circled exactly - the circle is rolled up sheet steel that I got for making proper 6" to 4" transitions and other dust hoods.

The block of wood is a bit interesting though - it a 200mm x 200mm x 1100mm DAR block of Western Red Cedar that a mate gave me. Apparently it came from a pergola that was pulled down by one of the "well to do's" in Brissy. This was part of one of 12 posts I believe!!!!! Must have been a hell of a pergola and I now wonder what has replaced it.

DarrylF
29th May 2004, 08:48 PM
Well the credit card survived the trip - but only just :)

MC900 lathe package (with chuck) for $319 if anyone's looking for one. Couple of other interesting models I hadn't seen before - electronic variable speed Chinese lathe, and a Delta version of the MC1100, both good prices.

Very tempted by the 6" jointer - $495. A bunch of other machinery specials - seemed to be 15-20% off most of the popular models.

At least 10% off everything else, 15% off CMT and a few other items.

Picked up a Record 52 1/2 vise, some bench dogs, Veritas dovetail marking guides, 4l of Titebond (using a LOT of glue building my bench) and a few other bits & pieces. Managed to leave some of the budget for the trip to the show next weekend :)

Bud Abbott
1st June 2004, 05:04 PM
I ended up with a little more than initially anticipated (or told the wife I was going to buy!) Purchased the 2hp dust extractor for $250, a Delta Dado blade for $80 (down from $199) and the ML 392 thicnesser/planner for $799, plus a few other bits and pieces. All up a Saturday afternoon well spent!

Had to go back on the Sunday to pick up thicknesser and couldn't resist the BS1400 bandsaw for $469 reduced from $699.

Two days and just under $2000 on the plastic and I saved at least $600!!!

It's funny how my wife justifies her purchases by how much she saved but when I tried it no success. Ah well; at least I now have lot of high powered friends in the workshop to keep me company!:D

Who needs the Wood Show!

Craig

PaulS
1st June 2004, 05:10 PM
Darryl, i see via your website that you have a mc900, i don't mean to be nosey, but i will be anyway.. does that mean you know have two mc900's???

DarrylF
1st June 2004, 10:14 PM
Nahh Paul - just the one :) I noticed the package deal on the MC900 and thought I'd mention it if anyone was in the market is all.