PDA

View Full Version : dip pens

schaf
8th March 2009, 11:15 AM
Is there anyone in Australia, that the members know of, who sells Dip pen or calligraphy pen kits. They are available in the USA but cannot find them in Australia.

Regards

Terry

BoomerangInfo
8th March 2009, 11:24 AM
Is there anyone in Australia, that the members know of, who sells Dip pen or calligraphy pen kits. They are available in the USA but cannot find them in Australia.

Yeah I haven't seen any either. I was hoping to win some in the IAP Birthday Bash from Lou Metcalf, but missed out :(

Russell.

Big Shed
8th March 2009, 11:51 AM

Regards

Terry

Terry, I have been looking for those as well. All I have found so far is a complete calligraphy kit in one of the $2 shops that has a pen and about 3 or 4 screw in pen knibs. Haven't done anything with it so far.

Can put up a picture of it if you want.

KevM
8th March 2009, 01:03 PM

Regards

Terry

Is this what you were after?

http://www.stilesandbates.co.uk/CMS/my_documents/my_pictures/52B_Caliginserts2.jpg

I bought 100 and still haven't used one.

I'll let a few go for 40 cents each plus postage.

BoomerangInfo
8th March 2009, 01:39 PM
Is this what you were after?

http://www.stilesandbates.co.uk/CMS/my_documents/my_pictures/52B_Caliginserts2.jpg

I bought 100 and still haven't used one.

Is that just the inserts, or do you have the nibs as well?

Russell.

KevM
8th March 2009, 02:20 PM
Is that just the inserts, or do you have the nibs as well?

Russell.

Inserts only. From memory my wife pays $3-10 each for the nibs, she is not home at the moment to check with.

Skew ChiDAMN!!
8th March 2009, 04:16 PM

Errrmm... how many is "a few?" And is this offer open to others? (Says me, raising my hand tentatively... :wink:)

schaf
8th March 2009, 04:39 PM
Hi Kev,
PM sent Thanks

Terry

KevM
8th March 2009, 06:14 PM
Errrmm... how many is "a few?"

And is this offer open to others? (Says me, raising my hand tentatively... :wink:)

Yes, but I want to keep some for myself when I get around to turning some holders for them. You can have 10 for $5.50 including postage.

Anyone interested in in nibs, holders etc, my wife recommends Wills Quills (http://www.willsquills.com.au/Main3rdLine2.html) in Sydney.

Big Shed
8th March 2009, 06:16 PM

Yes, but I want to keep some for myself when I get around to turning some holders for them. You can have 10 for $5.50 including postage.

Anyone interested in in nibs, holders etc, my wife recommends Wills Quills (http://www.willsquills.com.au/Main3rdLine2.html) in Sydney.

Kev, would love to take 10 if some are still available, thanks.

BoomerangInfo
8th March 2009, 06:20 PM
I'll take 10, but you're gonna run out fast at that rate.

Russell.

KevM
8th March 2009, 06:21 PM
Kev, would love to take 10 if some are still available, thanks.

I guess that's 10 less I'd have to turn. :U Send me an e-mail or PM with you address details and I'll send you account details for funds transfer.

KevM
8th March 2009, 06:24 PM
I'll take 10, but you're gonna run out fast at that rate.

Russell.

I'll keep 50 so if anyone else wants to hop in quick, there's still 10 left.

Skew ChiDAMN!!
8th March 2009, 07:33 PM

:2tsup: PM launched...

Simomatra
9th March 2009, 03:55 PM
Pm sent if I am not too late

KevM
9th March 2009, 10:05 PM
Pm sent if I am not too late

Sam,
You can have the last 10. That's the 50 gone.

PM sent with bank details, :doh:forgot to ask for delivery address.

Simomatra
10th March 2009, 09:14 AM
Sam,
You can have the last 10. That's the 50 gone.

PM sent with bank details, :doh:forgot to ask for delivery address.

Many thanks Kev money has been transferred and you have a PM with the address :p:p

Allan at Wallan
10th March 2009, 07:30 PM
Make enquiries with Pioneer Pen Co at 504 Bridge Rd,
Richmond Vic. Telephone (03) 9429.5944.

Try during office hours ... too late tonight for me check
them out.

Allan

Big Shed
11th March 2009, 01:20 PM
Garypecks' offer of a swap for pen parts has been moved here (http://www.woodworkforums.com/showthread.php?t=91001)

Skew ChiDAMN!!
12th March 2009, 01:35 PM
Mine turned up today. What with Hughie's Ripsnorter t'other day and the nib holders today, this has been a good week. :D

Thanks again, Kev! :2tsup:

KevM
12th March 2009, 01:50 PM
Mine turned up today. What with Hughie's Ripsnorter t'other day and the nib holders today, this has been a good week. :D

Thanks again, Kev! :2tsup:

Don't forget to post some piccies when you have turned some nib holders up.

Simomatra
12th March 2009, 03:04 PM
Thanks Kev.

Mine turned up today and thanks for the extras.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Will have to give the dip pens ago now as I have no excuse.

schaf
12th March 2009, 05:50 PM
Mine arrived today with a surprise.
Thanks Kev

Terry

Skew ChiDAMN!!
12th March 2009, 06:21 PM
I didn't mention the surprise 'cos I thought it'd be nice if it stayed one for those still waiting...

(Ya spoilsports! :p:D)

BoomerangInfo
12th March 2009, 06:26 PM
Mine haven't arrived yet. Did someone spoil something?

Russell.

Skew ChiDAMN!!
12th March 2009, 06:32 PM
:p

schaf
12th March 2009, 07:06 PM
Sorry Skew

KevM
12th March 2009, 08:23 PM
I didn't mention the surprise 'cos I thought it'd be nice if it stayed one for those still waiting...

(Ya spoilsports! :p:D)

I was only bulking out the package to make use of the allowable maximum weight. Ten nib inserts packed in bubble wrap looked a bit lonely in those envelopes.:D

Big Shed
13th March 2009, 01:51 PM
Mine arrived today, what a lovely surprise Kev (they didn't look lonely that 's for sure!:;)

Thanks very much, much appreciated:2tsup:

BoomerangInfo
13th March 2009, 07:56 PM
Yeah! Mine turned up today. Thanks mate, and thanks for the extras. I've always wanted the cover off a "Lifestyles" magazine :D

Russell.

KevM
13th March 2009, 08:02 PM
Yeah! Mine turned up today. Thanks mate, and thanks for the extras. I've always wanted the cover off a "Lifestyles" magazine :D

Russell.

Not a problem, all delivered.

You were lucky, something to look at.....some only received a muesli bar box!!!!!

Skew ChiDAMN!!
15th March 2009, 11:25 PM
But we'll treasure it for always. :D