PDA

View Full Version : Seeing moore than Wood

HazzaB
9th March 2009, 12:42 AM
Hi Everybody,

The other day while I was cutting Timber for some clocks, I found this piece (See Pic) I was wondering what I could do with it, I am being told that I should do something arty:whip:,(read she wants something arty). I would appreciate some ideas, if any one has any:doh:

Thanks in advance.

HazzaB

pitbull
9th March 2009, 02:25 AM
I would carve the shape of an owl around the "eyes" and "beak"
that's already there.:)

Papa
9th March 2009, 02:34 AM
What he said, maybe a key holder?

Skew ChiDAMN!!
9th March 2009, 05:00 PM
In those knots, I can see an evil, red-eyed chook/vulture head. :D

Cut it out, glue it to the top of an oval-dialled clock as the body, a couple of taloned feet as the base... and maybe a speech-bubble saying "arty-farty my asre!" :dev:

mic-d
9th March 2009, 06:43 PM
It's a bit hard to see the timber, there's a sh*tty piece of pine in the way:wink:
Cheers
Michael

RufflyRustic
9th March 2009, 08:44 PM
There's just something about those faces in the pine.:rolleyes::D I ended up using two offcut boards very similiar to yours, as sides for another minature chest of drawers. I wonder what they would say, if they could talk :B

cheers
Wendy

Robomanic
9th March 2009, 08:50 PM
180deg makes it a spaceship :)

HazzaB
9th March 2009, 09:16 PM
Thanks for the Comments guys and Girl,

Yes Mic-d there is a niece piece Tassie Oak behind there, I'm converting a round Pine table into a Square Tassie Oak one, I'll get a pic for you,

Hey Wendy If I had some more I would probably make something like that, where I got that piece he had a few 300 x 19 boards with some interesting features, i have been told that I need to make a shoe storage thingy,:doh: I'm thinking along those lines.

I Big funny looking Clock sounds like the go.:2tsup:

I'll keep you posted.

HazzaB

Al B
11th March 2009, 11:24 PM
it's a bit hard to see the timber, there's a sh*tty piece of pine in the way:wink:
Cheers
michael

:hahaha:

RufflyRustic
12th March 2009, 12:00 AM
That would be great HazzaB. I have a lot of fun trying to work out how to make a feature of the knots and 'character' in the timber - not everyone's style - but it is certainly challenging, interesting and fun.

I'll look forward to seeing what fun you have :)

cheers
Wendy

AUSSIE
12th March 2009, 02:10 AM
It's a bit hard to see the timber, there's a sh*tty piece of pine in the way:wink:
Cheers
Michael
YEH Cut it into 50mm wide strips. Mind the knots though.
Put them in a neat pile
then see if they fit in the rubbish bin:D

mic-d
12th March 2009, 06:34 AM
Hi Everybody,

The other day while I was cutting Timber for some clocks, I found this piece (See Pic) I was wondering what I could do with it, I am being told that I should do something arty:whip:,(read she wants something arty). I would appreciate some ideas, if any one has any:doh:

Thanks in advance.

HazzaB

OK, my serious answer. I'd place a couple little time pieces in the left-hand quarter for dual time keeping, drill a hole in the edge above the "head", stuff in some yellow feathers and sell it with the title "clockortoo"
:D
Cheers
Michael

orraloon
12th March 2009, 06:48 PM
the answer is out there!

Lumber Bunker
12th March 2009, 08:43 PM
Maybe it's my anatomy training but, i see a womens reproductive organs....
Sorry if i've ruinied the board for you... spin 180 and make a space ship! like shannon said...

AUSSIE
12th March 2009, 08:55 PM
Maybe it's my anatomy training but, i see a womens reproductive organs....
Sorry if i've ruinied the board for you... spin 180 and make a space ship! like shannon said...
Good on you Steve.
And I just finished a late Dinner .OH Well:roflmao::yikes: