PDA

View Full Version : Legs for ComputerStation.

orificiam
9th March 2009, 11:00 PM
Hi Everyone I've decided to upgrade my computerstation after all I'm spending a bit of time on it might as well be confortable,I wanted the wood for the legs to be 50x50mm not having any of it I glued up some 20mm spoted gum I had in the shed.
1st photo glued up and ready for turning---2nd photo On lathe ready to turn
3rd photo I fitted some playwood between the chuck jaws and the woodblank to avoid
damage. 4rth photo one leg finished 3 to go-- 5th photo 4 legs finished almost the same
last photo Base of table finished. Let me tell you this wood in B*#%dyHeavy
Cheers Tony.:):)

Ed Reiss
10th March 2009, 12:10 AM
Nicely done, Tony:2tsup:

...and, of course, they're an exact match to each other:cool:

Ad de Crom
10th March 2009, 02:38 AM
Tony, very well done. Four legs, all the same + some flatwork = a nice computer table.
Ad :2tsup:

artme
10th March 2009, 09:50 AM
What anice pair of pair of legs!:D:D:D

orificiam
10th March 2009, 05:36 PM
Thanks Guys --Here's the finished table.I had a few hours to spare today so it's finished. A couple of days to dry properly and it'll be ready to use.
Cheers Tony. :):)

Ad de Crom
10th March 2009, 06:28 PM
Like it a lot Tony. The adventage for us woodworkers and turners, we are able to make our own stuff, and how !!
Ad :2tsup:

artme
10th March 2009, 06:35 PM
Very classy Tony!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

ElizaLeahy
11th March 2009, 03:22 PM
I can see that in 50 years that is going to be an "antique computer station"!!!!

:oo:

It's certainly the prettiest computer desk I've ever seen!

orificiam
11th March 2009, 09:05 PM
Thanks again Everyone.

Ad you're right but being able to do everything ourself does not leave us much time for other things -- who cares? as long as we're working with wood.

Eliza--if computers is anything to go by the table will be an "antique computer station"
in 3 Month :roll::roll:
Anyway iI could not wait 3days so I put the table to work today.
Cheers Tony.:):)