PDA

View Full Version : The latest installment of turning lessons

jefferson
10th March 2009, 11:44 PM
We had and Julie up over the weekend. Good, nay great, people. The wife and I really enojoyed the stay.

I was almost prepared for the visit. I had a pallet lifter ready to go to move the VL300, all 450 kgs of it. had the beast moved in no time. Debate continues however about whether to put a couple of new walls in to enclose the lathe so dust doesn't get everywhere.

Unfortunately, I didn't complete the hinges to the cupboard doors, so the place got really sprayed with redgum chips and dust. (Some we mine, no less, so I must be learning).

As a bit of a joint effort, we managed the platter that follows. Well, did most of it but it sure is nice.

I got to use the bowl gouge on the face without too many problems. Here's hoping that my education continues.

And thanks again to and all the forum members that have helped so much along the way.

Jeff

robutacion
11th March 2009, 01:42 AM
Hi Jefferson,

I've been told that is capable of lots of things, but defeating gravity?:o that's amazing. I wish I could do it, it would save me for ar$ over head a few times!:-

Sorry, just a innocent joke...!:D

Cheers:2tsup:
RBTCO

artme
11th March 2009, 07:42 AM
Good on . He is one very generous axe wielder!:D:D:D

Good to see things are going well Jefferson.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup: Love things done differently but a sideways platter is a new one to me.:p

RETIRED
11th March 2009, 08:32 AM
Maybe sniffing too much Shellawax?:wink::D

Tim the Timber Turner
11th March 2009, 12:11 PM
"s the fastest turner I've ever seen.

Just look at him in action in the second photo.

He's so fast he's just a blurr.

Ed Reiss
11th March 2009, 12:16 PM
Has gotten you all straightened out with turning yet, Jeff ?