PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Dayacom Agent in Australia

timberbits
14th March 2009, 01:06 PM
Hi All

I have managed to be able to convince Dayacom to allow me to be their 3rd agent in Australia.

As a fellow pen maker, I am aware of the issues we face here in Australia regarding the limited choice of pen kits available for sale.

I have seen this issue as an opportunity and as a result I have mortgaged my house. I will be importing in a few of the medium and high range kits. These include the JR Victor (aka JR Retro), Dayacom pen, Full size Gent and Majestic pen kits and more.

I expect that the pen kits to arrive middle to late May.

I will start a thread under the Timberbits sponsor forum found here (http://www.woodworkforums.com.au/showthread.php?p=916177#post916177) regarding the full range of pen kits I will be importing.

Thanks for interest.

Regards

Timberbits.

BoomerangInfo
14th March 2009, 01:13 PM
Woohoo!

Nice one, and brave move, especially in the current economic client. I figured when you told me you'd been chatting to Dayacom that something was up :)

Russell.

funkychicken
14th March 2009, 01:15 PM
Dunno how you've done it but good onya:2tsup:

gawdelpus
14th March 2009, 02:45 PM
Good stuff ! hope you get the support you will need to get this going, Should help those of us always striving to improve and offer a better product . So much good work being done around the place in the pens so , so more choice is always welcome ,and the convenience of buying local will be a boost as well ,instead of weeks, we can have days turnaround , cheers :2tsup:

Simomatra
14th March 2009, 03:11 PM
Way to go Dave

artme
14th March 2009, 04:31 PM
Good onya son,
Glad it's done!!!
:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

wheelinround
14th March 2009, 04:36 PM
Good news David :2tsup::2tsup:

Pasho
14th March 2009, 06:46 PM
Great news David. can't wait. :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Big Shed
14th March 2009, 06:58 PM
With that expanded range and your usual great service you should be on a winner there David!:2tsup:

Sawdust Maker
14th March 2009, 07:30 PM
you just want more of my money:o

But good effort:2tsup::2tsup:

terry arnold
14th March 2009, 08:12 PM
Brave move I hope it works out for you.

Good Luck
Terry:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

munruben
14th March 2009, 08:38 PM
Nice one David, Good luck with it.:2tsup:

schaf
14th March 2009, 09:08 PM
Hi Dave,
Great news and a big comment. I hope it is successful for you.
I think it is great to have a different choice of kits through the different Aussie agents.

In my 3 to 4 years of pen turning I have only ever purchased Berea kits from Addictive Pens. Can you give me a reason why Dayacom kits are equal to or better then Berea Kits and convince me to change makers.

That said , I wish you the best of luck, and will keep looking and hopefully buying , if I can find a market in this present market.

Terry

timberbits
14th March 2009, 09:29 PM
Thanks everyone for words of encouragement. It is a big commitment on my behalf and I will try my hardest to make it work out.

Terry - Regarding the debate between Dayacom and Berea kits, only you can judge which kits is better for you. Its a political minefield that has been debated to death on this forum and other forums, in particular the IAP. You use the kits which best suits your style and budget, I don't proclaim to have better kits suited to your needs, I only claim to offer you a new selection of pens to choose from in Australia and a customer service which is as good as your going to get anywhere in the world.

The kits that I am bringing in are not kits that Addictive sells or kits that other Dayacom agents in Australia are selling. I am bringing in Rhodium plated kits, which I don't think is stocked by Addictive. Traditionally to get these kits that I am offering you would need to head overseas to the US where shipping cost will make it an expensive exercise.

What I will try to provide is a forward ordering system to help ensure that I am never out of stock of a particular kit. As any other small business owner will know, cash flow is a critical area of the business. Being a builder by trade, forward planning and budgeting is my area of expertise. Hopefully you won't see "Out of Stock" a common appearance on my website, however it is not guarantee that you won't see it as sometimes things don't go as planned.

If you are happy with the service of others and the kits that they provide, don't change, I know I wouldn't.

Timberbits.

mag
14th March 2009, 11:28 PM
Dave,

Good luck with it all, and based on your previous service you can count me as a future customer.

Mike

Rum Pig
14th March 2009, 11:56 PM
I have not yet looked at your web site but I will be after this:D
I have not been turning pens serious for long so I have not made alliance with any one yet so I will be trying out your range when they come in:D
I wish you all the best:2tsup::2tsup:

Rum Pig
15th March 2009, 12:01 AM
I assume you will be but i will ask anyway
Will you be proving such things as bushes and spare tubes etc

timberbits
15th March 2009, 07:58 AM
I assume you will be but i will ask anyway
Will you be proving such things as bushes and spare tubes etc

I will be selling bushes and spare tubes. I think that is a must.

I normally provide free bushes and spare tubes when you purchase certain quantities, however the ratio will have to change a bit. I will be doing the calculations when the time gets closer.

Timberbits.

Gaza
15th March 2009, 03:22 PM
good luck with the business

Spanner69
11th May 2009, 05:30 PM
I have just been to your web site.

Very professional I must say.

Easy to navigate and good clear pictures.

Well done.