PDA

View Full Version : 32 ford hardtop

scotty60
15th March 2009, 11:11 PM
Heres the next one
I decided to do a hard top this time.I think it looks quit smart actually, not sure what colour to do yet maybe red,yellow,green or orange what do you think.

scotty

file:///C:/Users/scott/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpghttp://www.woodworkforums.com/images/smilies/flags/aussie5.gif

CHEERS

http://www.woodworkforums.com/images/smilies/drinkers/tequila.gif http://www.woodworkforums.com/images/smilies/big/bbq2.gif

Waldo
15th March 2009, 11:28 PM
Puuurple :2tsup:

Skew ChiDAMN!!
16th March 2009, 12:01 AM
Puuurple :p

WoodJunky
16th March 2009, 12:02 AM
looking good !!

just wondering if you are going to cut out a rear window ?

Something like this would look good and that colour would be look good as well. Either that or you could also do a mix just like the other image

scotty60
16th March 2009, 09:47 PM
Thanks woodjunky

not sure if im going to do rear window or not yet and the next one ill be doing like the second pic no motor exposed maybe with paint like that or maybe flames.

scotty

]http://www.woodworkforums.com/images/smilies/flags/aussie5.gif

CHEERS

http://www.woodworkforums.com/images/smilies/drinkers/tequila.gif http://www.woodworkforums.com/images/smilies/big/bbq2.gif

WoodJunky
16th March 2009, 10:55 PM
will look forward to seeing your next car especially if it is like the second pic. That one has an old school look to it and it would not look the same if you had the motor exposed like your other ones, although the first pic would look great with the motor exposed

Yonnee
16th March 2009, 11:53 PM
Bright Yellow with a matt black roof.

Waldo
16th March 2009, 11:58 PM
That'd look alright :aro-u: , but for the purist rodders a gloss body and a black primer roof wouldn't work.

WoodJunky
17th March 2009, 12:16 AM
what about this one

Yonnee
17th March 2009, 11:29 AM
That'd look alright :aro-u: , but for the purist rodders a gloss body and a black primer roof wouldn't work.

You're right. I just realised it's being built as a hardtop.:doh: A soft top roof would have to be Matt black.

Gra
17th March 2009, 12:08 PM
Some of these may give you and idea

scotty60
20th March 2009, 11:45 PM
Hoping on the weekend to get time to machine up the wheels and get grille made.

Scotty

:aussie5:

CHEERS

:tequila: :bbq2:

scotty60
21st March 2009, 08:58 PM
Ok got wheels turned up and grille made and set in place.I then started playing around with fenders for it, have a look at the pics and see what you think wether i should do with fenders or without.

scotty

CHEERS

AUSSIE
21st March 2009, 09:52 PM
[quote=scotty60;921477]Ok got wheels turned up and grille made and set in place.I then started playing around with fenders for it, have a look at the pics and see what you think wether i should do with fenders or without.

scotty

I like it with Fenders Scotty.But to tell you the truth.I think there is too much angle down on the bonnet.I went back and looked at earlier photos and it didn't stand out.
Todays shots with guards and wheels magnify the angle maybe.
Just my opinion.Dont mean to upset you.
AUSSIE
PS I voted YES first voter:2tsup:

scotty60
21st March 2009, 10:07 PM
Still the same angle i havent altered it.

scotty

CHEERS

AUSSIE
21st March 2009, 10:12 PM
Still the same angle i havent altered it.

scotty

Yeh I realise that.I blew the photos up a bit and measured it the best I could.
Ithink it is because of the wheel sizes maybe

scotty60
21st March 2009, 10:21 PM
Yeh maybe, its the same as the first 1 also,hows your truck going you started to post.

scotty

CHEERS

AUSSIE
21st March 2009, 10:44 PM
http://www.woodworkforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=97904&d=1235898711 (http://www.woodworkforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=97904&d=1235898711)

http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/attachment.php?attachmentid=99975&d=1237629376 (http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/attachment.php?attachmentid=99975&d=1237629376)

Well on the way with my truck.I shouldnt have put that posting up really.I am off woodwork a bit at the moment .Will seehow I go later on.Aussie

scotty60
21st March 2009, 11:04 PM
made off same templete, the fanbelt on the first one is lower then the second one.????:think::think::think:

scotty

CHEERS

Waldo
22nd March 2009, 02:43 PM
Looking at the various stages of your build, I really like the no roof version, it has a real Procal look to it. :2tsup: (I know it's not what you were asking though)

scotty60
22nd March 2009, 10:13 PM
I'll have to buy shares in the super glue factory, the front fender broke on me 3 times while trying to form it thats why i build it up with nikky to give it some strenght.I dont mind the look with the fender once its moulded into the body and painted should look smick.

scotty

CHEERS

Yonnee
24th March 2009, 02:42 PM
You're right. I just realised it's being built as a hardtop.:doh: A soft top roof would have to be Matt black.

I've just had another look at all the pics and have a question that might seem a little picky. My first instinct for the color was because the shape you have done the roof is for a soft top on a Roadster, whereas the 3 window Coupe, or the 5 window Coupe have a much more vertical rear window panel plus 'A' pillars. So, are you doing a Coupe, or a Roadster with a roof? I reckon the latter, and leave the roof so it's removable.

The front fenders on these swoop back further too, almost to the bottom of the doors.

Keep 'em coming Scotty!! :2tsup:

Yonnee
24th March 2009, 03:25 PM
The front fenders on these swoop back further too, almost to the bottom of the doors.

:doh: I just noticed in your last pics that you've already filled them in a bit... :2tsup:

scotty60
24th March 2009, 08:51 PM
Im doing a coupster they were very rare model,and yes theres still a bit more moulding to do on the fenders. i have chosen a colour its like another harliquen colour i think its called monte carlo, its black mainly but throws of reds,blues,green yellow etc on the flips were light hit it and hopefully the chrome for rims, motor etc, should look fantasic.

In the plans they call it the optinal hardtop and it has a rear window im not sure if im doing or not yet.

scotty

CHEERS

AUSSIE
24th March 2009, 09:15 PM
A rare Model Allright.
Ford designed it back in 32.Made 2 proto types and put them on display at the 32 Detroit Car show.Due to the depression and low sales of cars at the time they decided not to make the production model.

Anyone suck in this story???:D:D:D

scotty60
29th March 2009, 09:02 PM
Ok got the other side fenders made and cutout out and glued all in postion.Got pics with roof and without.

scotty

CHEERS

AUSSIE
29th March 2009, 09:19 PM
Scotty You are doing a fine job with the car and the camera.Next you will need a new camera cause you have worn this one out.Great job:2tsup::2tsup:
Did you see the pinewood cars on the toy forum?

scotty60
29th March 2009, 09:31 PM
Yes i dids see them thanks for that,.:2tsup:and these are taking with a new camera i got for the wife on thursday,thought i give it a try out to see how it works.

scotty

CHEERS

AUSSIE
29th March 2009, 09:52 PM
[quote=scotty60;926820]Yes i dids see them thanks for that,.:2tsup:and these are taking with a new camera i got for the wife on thursday,thought i give it a try out to see how it works.

scotty

I am glad you got a new camera.I was worried that we might miss the finished model
Thank your wife from us forumites.it was great that she let you use the new camera.:roflmao::hpydans2::hpydans:
The car is getting close now Hey?

scotty60
29th March 2009, 10:04 PM
Still a bit to do yet, mould the fenders into the body,make grille,two pack primer on body,make headlights,steering wheel,paint and clear body so still about 10-20 hours to go.you started yours yet.

scotty

CHEERS

scotty60
10th April 2009, 09:11 PM
On holidays now so managed to get the fenders moulded into body and got the body under 2 pack putty as well as the motor,also got the steering wheel made out of copper wire.

scotty

CHEERS

AUSSIE
10th April 2009, 09:21 PM
Looking good Scotty.
We missed you and your cars Have a good holiday Scotty:2tsup:

Billy
13th April 2009, 04:21 PM
another top rod,:2tsup: my two cents worth, roof matt black, fenders and running boards and grill surround gloss black, body the glossiest red you can get, wheels, silver, :?keep it up,:U:U
back to the sawdust factory for me:D
billy:doh:

scotty60
15th April 2009, 09:52 PM
Bodys rubbed down ready for colour,got grille made and also dash panel,hopefully get colour on body tomorrow or next day.

scotty

CHEERS

file:///C:/Users/scott/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpgfile:///C:/Users/scott/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg

AUSSIE
26th April 2009, 04:57 AM
Sc:2tsup:otty How is this rod going?

scotty60
26th April 2009, 11:11 AM
Hi Aussie

bit water got into fine cracks and have had a bit of movement in the joins of timber so letting it dry before doing anymore to it.So ill most probally get the chopper finished now then back on to the rod.

scotty

CHEERS

scotty60
31st October 2009, 07:40 PM
Ok guys finally got to start on the hardtop again in between doing the chopper.Today i rerubbed the body and motor and got the black base coat applied.Next ill rub down the base coat then apply the monty carlo topcot then the clear.I still have to putty the rims yet then paint black with chrome inserts and chrome motor.

AUSSIE
31st October 2009, 08:57 PM
Wow! A true Classic Rod I like it Scotty.I thought this one was lost:B But No you have it going again.Chopper is coming along fine as well:2tsup:

scotty60
31st October 2009, 09:09 PM
yeh its been a while but now ill see it through,ill rub it down tomorrow and final coat it.

WoodJunky
31st October 2009, 11:29 PM
:2tsup: That looks fantastic Scotty :2tsup:

It has been a while since we have seen work on this one, but it has been worth the wait.

It will be one tough looking 32 when you have it finished

scotty60
1st November 2009, 07:56 PM
got the topcoat done today but not sure if it will stay that way ill wait and see when its dry to decide

Harry72
1st November 2009, 09:35 PM
Looks nice in the sun

Billy
2nd November 2009, 01:41 PM
Looking great Scotty,:2tsup:
I know you put a lot of time into the harlequin paint job but (IMHO) I thought
it looked excellent with just the black base coat.:)
Look forward to seeing your wheels too.:D

cheers, billy:fireman:

scotty60
5th November 2009, 10:25 PM
Colour is going to change, will i put it back to black and chrome or change colour all together????

artme
6th November 2009, 09:46 PM
Looking really good Scotty.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Billy
8th November 2009, 08:47 PM
hi scotty, I reckon the car looks really tough with the black paint job, nice stance with the low front end
cheers, billy

scotty60
15th November 2009, 10:51 PM
Yeh i got the rod rubbed down and final coats applied also.Ive gone back to black but when i took a pic with the flash it highlighted some pearl flake in the clear which must be a bit of gold and red pearl i used on the chopper,so ill wait till ts dry and have a look in the sun.

Billy
18th November 2009, 12:25 PM
awesome

scotty60
21st November 2009, 08:50 PM
Been doing a bit here and there after work during the week got the body rubbed down with 1500 and gave it a buff and polish, next ill get the wheels puttied up.

AUSSIE
21st November 2009, 09:02 PM
I have to say Scotty-That is one fine paint job you have there.:2tsup:
You have the right touch -Waiting to see it finished.:U
Aussie

scotty60
21st November 2009, 09:24 PM
Thanks Aussie
You would think i should be able to get it right after doing painting for over 25 years.

scotty60
28th November 2009, 06:33 PM
Had a play around today after work with the rod didnt want to do to much a bit hot here today so i made a dashboard and steering wheel and also some pedals.Once i get them painted with the chrome paint i will stick them in the car.

scotty60
25th January 2010, 07:42 PM
Havent had a chance to touch since hurt finger hopefully start soon,looking at doing inserts for wheels on waterjet,hopefully they'll turn out.

dallasmmartin
26th January 2010, 01:26 AM
Scotty, I am a little late to this party. The rod and choppers look great. What size are they? They look pretty big in the pictures. Dallas

artme
26th January 2010, 01:56 AM
Sorry Scotty, haven't dropped in on this for some time.:B

:oBloody fantastic paint job there mate!!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

I think you will want to keep that when you are finished.

munruben
26th January 2010, 12:04 PM
Excellent WIP The car is coming up a treat.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

scotty60
26th January 2010, 08:39 PM
Thanks Guys,

Dallasmmartin the 32 ford is 300mm ,orange chopper 520mm and the new chopper is 620mm in lenght.Thanks Artme it did come up well. Today i got the wheels puttied and the body repolished,then i machined up a couple of headlights out of timber.Tonite ill start to design the mag insert.

dallasmmartin
27th January 2010, 12:21 AM
Scotty,They look great. The size is smaller than I had thought. Dallas

scotty60
28th January 2010, 08:42 PM
Got the drawings done and stayed back tonight and cut them out on the waterjet,i had too cut 3 rear ones cause i lost one in the tank.They should look great once painted chrome with black background and chrome rim.

Yonnee
29th October 2012, 05:22 PM
OK Scotty, it's nearly been 3 years since the last update on this car. :U

Have you had a chance to finish it?

crowie
29th October 2012, 05:29 PM
OK Scotty, it's nearly been 3 years since the last update on this car. :U

Have you had a chance to finish it?

I'm pretty sure that it's the one I saw when Scotty & I met at my daughters place about 12mths back!!!!

scotty60
29th October 2012, 11:05 PM
Was that a year ago bloody hell.
No i havent finished yet but i did score some of that chrome paint but i dont think it is enough to do the job. I will get it done when i finished the truck and rod