PDA

View Full Version : Wooden Cars Do they Fit Here?

AUSSIE
16th March 2009, 10:25 PM
We are in the toy section at the moment,but think we should be in Models

Big Shed
16th March 2009, 10:54 PM
Are we built to scale?

WoodJunky
16th March 2009, 11:05 PM
I think if they are built from a plan and or to scale, they should be then classified as a model.

So I'd say it should have its own category

oops!! just noted that they now have their own forum, so well done

AUSSIE
17th March 2009, 07:29 AM
I think if they are built from a plan and or to scale, they should be then classified as a model.

So I'd say it should have its own category

oops!! just noted that they now have their own forum, so well done
The Coupe is from Plans and Waynnicko's FJ Holden was built from scratch.He took alot of photos and worked from there.8 months work in the FJ.The underneath is fully detailed,as real car ,even down to the universal joints.Remembering this is wood and the whole car is about 16"approx long .
Aussie

Boxmaker
17th March 2009, 06:24 PM
I just found the toy section and thought that was great.Then the next day I was told about this SCALE section.Wow It should be just what I am looking for.Wood car making with a bit of metal and paint.Hope to pick up a lot of info,I am new to this.
I have had scale boats.Built models for 20 years in my early days.So I surpose I may still have some skills left.We will find out when I choose my model.Thanks Guys.
Hope we all have a bood time.
I go to a few shows.The last was a Model railway display at Geelong West Town Hall a month or so ago.I am not into rail,but I like to keep in touch with the world.

Boxy