PDA

View Full Version : Check this out

Woodlee
18th March 2009, 12:03 AM
I'm a modeller as well ,(sort of in suspension) haven't built anything for a while , but the modelling bug has led me to metal work and woodwork ,although my trade is Fitting and Turning , I've always enjoyed woodwork ,did it in high school and couldn't find a trade in woodworking I turned to metal work.

I bought a metal lathe so I could turn aluminium barrels and other metal parts for my armour models and used wood work to make display bases for my models , one thing leads to another .
Any way I still visit a few websites to see what happening and I found this this evening
http://spitfiresite.com/hobbies/modelling/2009/03/cousinet-3rd-scale-spitfire-mk-ix-model.htm

This guy has what I call AMD (advanced modelers' disease ) has to add all the little details and make every thing perfectly idential to the full sized original.
But what a fantastic achievement this is a real knock out.

Kev.

AUSSIE
18th March 2009, 02:56 AM
I'm a modeller as well ,(sort of in suspension) haven't built anything for a while , but the modelling bug has led me to metal work and woodwork ,although my trade is Fitting and Turning , I've always enjoyed woodwork ,did it in high school and couldn't find a trade in woodworking I turned to metal work.

I bought a metal lathe so I could turn aluminium barrels and other metal parts for my armour models and used wood work to make display bases for my models , one thing leads to another .
Any way I still visit a few websites to see what happening and I found this this evening
http://spitfiresite.com/hobbies/modelling/2009/03/cousinet-3rd-scale-spitfire-mk-ix-model.htm

This guy has what I call AMD (advanced modelers' disease ) has to add all the little details and make every thing perfectly idential to the full sized original.
But what a fantastic achievement this is a real knock out.

Kev.
Hi Woodlee
I like the Spitfire,and the Model.Would love to be that good with metal.Sadly i will never be.But if I was that good I would never go to that extreme. :o

Sleeping Dog
19th March 2009, 08:34 PM
Spitfire is amazing... he may as well go the last degree and add working machine-guns.:D

mic-d
19th March 2009, 08:55 PM
That's so beautiful it hurts my eyes to look upon it.

Cheers
Michael

springwater
19th March 2009, 09:33 PM
Wow that's impressive devotion to authenticity and easy to see why, that is a beautiful plane, let alone the aesthetics, I imagine the ride was at least outrageously thrilling!

Thanks Woodlee, are you able to post some pics of your armour models?

dennford
19th March 2009, 11:00 PM
What a beautiful piece of work. I hate to say it but as it doesn't do it for me; for all the effort - and I do admit it, he has ended up with a magnificent piece of work, but a spitfire should not be polished ally.

Gripe over, I wonder what defines a model and what is not a model. In the Bull creek aviation museum here in W.A. is a magnificent 5?8 scale hurricane - is that a model, a replica or what?

Denn

AUSSIE
20th March 2009, 12:41 AM
What a beautiful piece of work. I hate to say it but as it doesn't do it for me; for all the effort - and I do admit it, he has ended up with a magnificent piece of work, but a spitfire should not be polished ally.

Gripe over, I wonder what defines a model and what is not a model. In the Bull creek aviation museum here in W.A. is a magnificent 5?8 scale hurricane - is that a model, a replica or what?

Denn
A Model for sure 5/8 scale as you said

Woodlee
29th March 2009, 12:01 AM
Wow that's impressive devotion to authenticity and easy to see why, that is a beautiful plane, let alone the aesthetics, I imagine the ride was at least outrageously thrilling!

Thanks Woodlee, are you able to post some pics of your armour models?

Here are some of my models , some of the pics are a bit lousy but you ll see what I have built.

First & 5th pic. Pattern 13 Quad Gun Tractor (Canadian markings)
The detail underside , has a wire rope on the winch which was made from fine scrap wire wound up to look lile cable .The rope can be pulled out and wound back up on the winch ,using a finger to turn the winch drum.
Pic 2 &3 German Panzer III Ausf J
Pic Eight wheeled German Armoured car

Kev

AUSSIE
29th March 2009, 12:21 AM
Woodlee you are a bit of an allrounder hey.Not sure on the cactus growing though.I grow yukas but I wouldnt tell anyone though:D