PDA

View Full Version : Remember those plastic cars you made when you were young?

Wongo
19th March 2009, 12:10 AM
I have built tons of plastic cars and aircrafts in the past. Not many have survived. :(

Then the wife said “You are not keeping them in the house.”:doh:

:U

les88
19th March 2009, 06:51 AM
I'll bite where are they now ???
les

Billy
22nd March 2009, 12:04 PM
not just when i was a kid. im 44 and still making them
hehehee
billy
back to the sawdust factory for me

Buzza
25th March 2009, 09:43 PM
Yes Billy, where are they now? :?

Billy
26th March 2009, 07:27 PM
weeeell, some are in the garage, some on the book shelves in the lounge, some in a display cabinet in the lounge, some in the music room and unmade ones in boxes all through the house. :)
all are hot rods and old type cars, the ones i can see from here are a 32 Chrysler roadster, 34 ford pickup, 39 chev coupe, 41 plymouth, 55 chevy bel air, 32 ford coupe, 31 ford model a woody and an aj foyt indy car:oo:
my neighbour does a bit of airbrushing so he helps with the paint jobs:doh:

ill go through some of the plans and see if i can use them for timber. might have to scale them up a bit. they are all 1/24 and 1/25 scale so maybe take them to 1/18? something like that

billy
back to the sawdust factory for me:2tsup:

radish
24th May 2009, 09:24 PM
What about 1/16th, it's a good size to work with.

Or, then again, what about 1/12th scale, that's even better, you can even bolt it all together.

regards radish

Waldo
24th May 2009, 10:39 PM
Love the truck. :2tsup:

Wongo
24th May 2009, 11:35 PM
Wow I am impressed. The truck is awesome.

thumpergman
9th July 2009, 07:55 PM
yea i remember or my cars i must have dozens of them i had them on display for years then one day i just decided too pack them into boxes and put them in the shed , mabey thats the day i felt like an old bugger and grew out of them , still cany bear too through them out tho :)

stolzdm
10th July 2009, 04:35 AM
I am a fairly new member, never posted yet, and I am beginning to wonder why I am looking at this site. After seeing all the quality of the scale modelers goods on this site, I can not even begin to think that I will ever be able to achieve that level of excellence.

But as with many things in life, I sure do like to look at the nice stuff.

Dreaming in Atlanta Georgia, USA.

petersemple
10th July 2009, 10:54 AM
Wongo, I have that XJ220 kit. I did mine in Subaru WRX metallic blue. I'm pretty sure that's not a Jag factory option, but I figured if you can afford one, you can afford to get it resprayed any colour you feel like, and I love that blue.

Ad me to the "not just when I was young" crowd - although since the kids came along it's been slower. Still, the oldest is getting old enough to be interested in doing his own. I cannot believe the cost of kits these days though Ouch!

Peter

wheelinround
10th July 2009, 10:59 AM
What about 1/16th, it's a good size to work with.

Or, then again, what about 1/12th scale, that's even better, you can even bolt it all together.

regards radish

That Kenworth looks almost real only thing missing is the bugs and stone chips on the bull bar :D

and a Greenie :; is on the way for the carriages

silentC
10th July 2009, 10:59 AM
I built a model of an Austin 1100 when I was a kid :)

http://www.vehicle-engineer.com/Sections/Images/23/Big%20Images/bl_austin_1100%20_ado_16.jpg

wheelinround
10th July 2009, 11:01 AM
I built a model of an Austin 1100 when I was a kid :)

what was her name :p

silentC
10th July 2009, 11:08 AM
I think she was called Morris :)

radish
10th July 2009, 02:13 PM
That Kenworth looks almost real only thing missing is the bugs and stone chips on the bull bar :D

and a Greenie :; is on the way for the carriages

Ray, now what was it, that gave the game away and allowed you to eventually work out, who I am ? :2tsup:

regards radish :D :D :D

artme
10th July 2009, 08:02 PM
Any modelling I will get to do will have to be fairly large scale as my thumbs are giving me jip on a regular basis.

pity, I would love to do such wonderful work as that shown.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

wheelinround
11th July 2009, 10:45 AM
Ron, now what was it, that gave the game away and allowed you to eventually work out, who I am ? :2tsup:

regards radish :D :D :D

Oh I have known for some time just kept forgetting to let on could it be the fire tender or the buggy :rolleyes: that promted me or snide comments you have made.

Ray (not Ron):U

AUSSIE
11th July 2009, 11:20 PM
I found you Radish HERE (http://scalemodelhorsedrawnvehicle.co.uk/(Tips%20&%20Ideas).htm#wheels)Making Scale Wheels. I am most indebted to “Radish” a master model maker who lives in Brisbane Love your work:2tsup::2tsup:

radish
11th July 2009, 11:56 PM
I found you Radish HERE (http://scalemodelhorsedrawnvehicle.co.uk/(Tips%20&%20Ideas).htm#wheels)Making Scale Wheels. I am most indebted to “Radish” a master model maker who lives in Brisbane Love your work:2tsup::2tsup:

Yep, guilty, 'tis me.

regards radish :D

Billy
16th July 2009, 10:58 PM
radish thats some beautiful work on that web site.:2tsup:

Would you mind making me a couple of hundred wheels? :oo:Just kidding!:D

Cheers, billy:fireman:

Lignum
17th July 2009, 02:55 AM
Remember the little snap on cars we used to get in our wheetbix and Cornflakes… Now they were cool:wink: