PDA

View Full Version : Laminate trimmer

al2
4th June 2004, 02:45 AM
Been seaching the whole of Sydney for a replacement laminate double edge trimmer (handheld). My old (15 years) one bright orange one, bought from Ike's kitchen (now closed I think) for $6 (the price tag is still glued there!:o). Its the easiest trimmer (better than the Stanley) to use to take off iron on edge melamine-with one 2 second (:D)swipe I can easily remove a one meter edge. Can't find replacement blades for them, just been painstakingly sharpening them on fine sandpaper. I've seen similar products in the US website - Virutex tools. All the shops here have to offer are fancy electric models costing hundreds of dollars.

journeyman Mick
4th June 2004, 11:16 AM
Al,
I picked one up in Brisbane from Gregory Machinery. I've seen them on at least one Australian website, possibly more. Sorry I can't remember which, but Timbecon is a possibility also MIK and there's another mob in Melbourne (WMS?).

Mick

joez
4th June 2004, 11:19 AM
al2

Ive seen them at Carbatec, I actually got mine from Bunnings was about $20 from memory.

Joe

PaulS
4th June 2004, 03:56 PM
Is this what you were after

http://www.timbecon.com.au/productsdetail.asp?sectid=12511&parentid=12472&prodid=28721

I wish i had one of these. I just did some cabinets and used one of those knifes that use a razor blade, it seem to work best after trying other knifes.

soundman
5th June 2004, 11:00 PM
Lincon sentry have the little blue trimmer that looks like the virtuex. They may also have blades, I baught one there a while ago. I've just sharpened mine for the first time & will be looking for some blade myself.

I have seen the same tool at various places for a variety of prices at the top end nudging $40. I cant remember what LS want for theirs but it was less than an number of other places that I looked.

Lincon sentry have bracnckes all over the place including sydney.

cheers