PDA

View Full Version : need help with mc naughton bowl saver

mkypenturner
24th March 2009, 06:57 PM
hi am going to try and use a mc naughton bowl saver tomorrow have looked at c naughton site and youtube but would like to hear honest opinions and tricks from anyone that has got one and uses it ??:2tsup: wiil accept all the help i can

INVENTOR
24th March 2009, 08:45 PM
if you are looking for info ( assuming you don't find any here) I think you will find plenty of suggestions etc on the AAW forum site ( american wood turner), you may have to do a search.
I have seen plenty of info , over the years.

Texian
25th March 2009, 12:31 PM
You are wise to ask for help, as the McN. is known to have a bit of a learning curve. There may be a DVD available, which you can probably find on the AAW forum. Some folks are skilled in its use and believe it is an excellent product. Others disagree. Good luck.

WOODbTURNER
25th March 2009, 03:02 PM
Mike Mahoney has a DVD on use of McNaughton Centre Saver. www.bowlmaker.com (http://www.bowlmaker.com) Iv'e had mine for a couple of years and am still cautious. I think it would be better for you to watch someone who is proficient at using one. Saw Mike two years ago when he was demonstrating it at the Turn Fest at Kooralbyn Qld.

mkypenturner
25th March 2009, 05:31 PM
yeah am thinking about the dvd i got to get a mc naughton corer used a club members today got 4 bowl of white cedar been given a loan of his he hasnt used it either so im doing the research and practical on it where can i get one in oz or can i get it direct ?? :cool:

Grumpy John
25th March 2009, 05:36 PM
MKY, you might find this (http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?t=76472&highlight=bowlsaver) thread of interest.

WOODbTURNER
25th March 2009, 06:07 PM
yeah am thinking about the dvd i got to get a mc naughton corer used a club members today got 4 bowl of white cedar been given a loan of his he hasnt used it either so im doing the research and practical on it where can i get one in oz or can i get it direct ?? :cool:

Got CD from Craft Supplies USA when the au$ was nearly the same as US$. Mike also sells from his site. Check with Oz W/T suppliers