PDA

View Full Version : WWW - a fun weekend

Wongo
8th June 2004, 10:27 AM
It was a fun weekend. I went to the show on Friday to do all my “Buying” and was there again on Sunday for the “Browsing”. I ordered a JET supersaw, the latest DeWalt thickness planer (dw735 – not available in Aust yet), a veritas front vice, a record #7 plane and a few bits and pieces. Unfortunately I wouldn’t able to use them for at least 6 months. :(

It was great to meet Stephen (or multinut), GregLee, Darren (SilentC), Jim (hovo) and Michael (mkcl). :)

How did you enjoy the show?

Only 52 weeks to go and I can’t wait. :eek:

silentC
8th June 2004, 10:47 AM
Agreed. It was enjoyable. I spent the whole day Sunday there, most of it drinking beer with hovo.

I'd like to add that it was nice to meet U, Beaut and Doorstop. I showed my appreciation by purchasing one of their super-economy sized jars of EEE. Apparently they were making up a batch for the show and ran out of small jars. I've now got enough to last me a lifetime.

I'd also like to formally thank Zed for providing the show muffins.

Slavo
8th June 2004, 01:36 PM
I agree, even though I didn't get to meet any of the fellow forum users, but every one I saw appeared to be having a great time. Apart from this one old guy who was leaving the show with empty hands and a very sour look on his face, but his better half looked happy with her newly purchased wonder mop! What else is a wood show for? :D

Shannon
8th June 2004, 01:57 PM
Gday all,

Just finished writing this post, hit the wrong close button, and whooshka, so here is the 2nd attempt!! :rolleyes:

I got to check the show out with my Dad on Friday. We both had a really good time, although cut short by the fact that he had a backhoe coming to his property in the arvo (not his choice of time or day, but what can U do). So we ran around like the proverbial chooks and managed to see most things.

Cash flow still an issue with a young fam, but nevertheless, picked up a good second hand marking gauge, and my Dad bought me a second hand flat screwdriver - one of the old fashioned long and sturdy jobbies - very cool.
Also had some good fortune, as one of the buy opyions was a pedestal drill, as I was pricing them, ran into a friend who offered me his old one! It's bench not pedestal, but lets face it it works and saved me an awful lot of $$$'s and for the amount of use it will get, it's probably better this way anyway.

Geez there was some good bargains to be had...... my wishlist grew, like most who went I suppose, maybe next year will bring about some wood dust making impliments.

Counting down to next year already. Might have the time to intro myself next time, and as my Dad and I said to each other after LAST years gig " next year we have to allocate a whole day, because you just can't rush these things"
Cheerio.
Shannon

Having just turned 30, I say bring on 40.
It is closer to my mid life crisis...........and
therefore closer to more tools!!

multinut
8th June 2004, 08:53 PM
i to agree
what a top weekend
it was good to meet some of you
i was hoping that zed may have spiked the muffins (no luck)
and many thanks to neil for all the discounts & advise
and my new favourite word SWOOGE
i still cant get over the thoughts of the chick with a chainsaw
and i also am very pleased with myself for getting third place in one of our SWG carving competitions recieving a book on carving from ian norbury
cheers all
multinut
:cool:

AlexS
8th June 2004, 11:16 PM
:D This must be the least expensive show I've been to for a long time (spent all my money at carbatec the weekend before). Four of us descended on the show - 1 semi-retired professional, 1 part-time would-be professional, 1 gifted amateur and one beginner. Bought up on clamps, hinges, U-beaut stuff. On the way home, started compiling next year's shopping list. Great day out.

Good to catch up with Neil, Pauline & the ornament in the corner.