PDA

View Full Version : Sandpaper Tree

OGYT
3rd April 2009, 01:48 PM
Someone posted a pic of their sandpaper tree on this forum. I copied it, and modified it just a mite. I posted a pic of it on another forum, and I want to give them credit for it.:2tsup:
My mind won't tell me who it was. :((
Anybody want to confess? :oo:

Grumpy John
3rd April 2009, 01:59 PM
I think it may have been Vern (TTIT) :think:.

joe greiner
3rd April 2009, 10:08 PM
I'm pretty sure it was Vern (TTIT), too. Find one of his posts, with a link to his website. Yep; about half-way down under Gadgets. See "Home" for full name attribution.

Cheers,
Joe

TTIT
3rd April 2009, 10:47 PM
Would love to see the mods Al :U. My mate 'Thunkner' improved on my idea already by extending the clips out the other side to hold his spare pieces :2tsup: (no pic sorry!). I reckon there's very little in life that can't be improved one way or another.

Cliff Rogers
3rd April 2009, 10:59 PM
More good ideas here (http://www.laymar-crafts.co.uk/tip6.htm).

I have copied several ideas from Richard.

I built the pigeon holes out of square down pipe idea & I use a code to mark my cut disks of sandpaper so I can tell what grit they are.
I drop the 0 off the end so 120 become 12, 180 becomes 18, 240 becomes 24 etc.

The 3.6 is very good for roughing out. :D

RETIRED
3rd April 2009, 11:04 PM
I find road gravel better.:D

OGYT
4th April 2009, 10:19 AM
The only modification I made was to add the peanut can on top, to hold the 0000 steel wool..:- The lid is hinged onto the can with a strip of duct tape, to keep the shavin's out.

I knew it was one of my Oz friends, but like I said... the mind wanted to keep it a secret. :(

Vern, thanks for the idea. :2tsup: Handy as a pocket on a shirt.

Paul39
4th April 2009, 12:16 PM
Al,

I like the looks of the rack for your long tools behind the sandpaper tree. Is that PVC pipe? How was that made? I like the idea of having the business end up.

I am at present having to dig through shavings on the bench to grab the other tool when I'm in the heat of turning.

OGYT
5th April 2009, 04:54 AM
Al,

I like the looks of the rack for your long tools behind the sandpaper tree. Is that PVC pipe? How was that made? I like the idea of having the business end up.

I am at present having to dig through shavings on the bench to grab the other tool when I'm in the heat of turning.

Paul, it's PVC pipe. I just grabbed a chunk that the handles would all fit in, and cut it to length. I drilled holes in it that a screwdriver blade would fit in, and a smaller hole for the screw to go through the other side. They're mounted on a slant... (only because the little rack was scrounged from another job, and it was built that way).:D

Paul39
5th April 2009, 09:20 AM
Thanks for the photo and the tip on the screws. It would have taken me a while to figure that out. I happen to have a pile of salvaged PVC pipe in the back yard.

Nice rack.

munruben
5th April 2009, 02:14 PM
Yep, I like the tool rack. Great idea.:2tsup: