PDA

View Full Version : Have Toasters - now ready to open a bed & breakfast

Sir Stinkalot
3rd April 2009, 10:25 PM
Well it has been a busy few weeks in the Stinky shed. I was quite happily going about my projects in a timely manner when out of the blue I was told that the woodworking club wanted to have a stall at the Little River Primary School Fate.

Given the nature of the show I decided to make up a batch of pop up toasters which were featured in a book that I purchased last year. Its quite a nifty little idea, the toast acutally jumps in the air if you hit the leaver hard enough.

Just basic old pine finished with U-Beaut shellac.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a114/Sir_Stinkalot2525/woodwork/th_IMG_5189.jpg (http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a114/Sir_Stinkalot2525/woodwork/?action=view&current=IMG_5189.jpg)

ubeaut
4th April 2009, 07:30 AM
Nice ones Stinky :2tsup:

AUSSIE
4th April 2009, 07:45 AM
Did Ya keep one for the winter breakfast toast Stinky?
What mag was that in please?

les88
4th April 2009, 07:48 AM
very nice... kids should love them :2tsup:
les

AUSSIE
4th April 2009, 07:49 AM
very nice... kids should love them :2tsup:
les
Gee you must be old Les.Us big kids think they are OK as well:D

artme
4th April 2009, 03:53 PM
Wonderful Stinky!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

keju
5th April 2009, 09:32 AM
Finally something for the girls..... not that I didn't play with cars when I was a kid.
I'm sure boys will love nice crunchy wood toast with marmalade too... but really.. if you think about it.. there are heaps of car, truck, planes out there.... nothing really girlish..... not counting the fancy dollhouses that aren't really to play with..

Are there any other toys like this in your book? May I ask the name of the book?

Thanks
Juvy

Sir Stinkalot
11th April 2009, 11:02 AM
Finally something for the girls..... not that I didn't play with cars when I was a kid.
I'm sure boys will love nice crunchy wood toast with marmalade too... but really.. if you think about it.. there are heaps of car, truck, planes out there.... nothing really girlish..... not counting the fancy dollhouses that aren't really to play with..

Are there any other toys like this in your book? May I ask the name of the book?

Thanks
Juvy

Juvy .... the book is:

MAKING MARVELOUS WOOD TOYS
(Tim & Tom Lynn)
Paperback: 128 pages
Publisher: Sterling Pub Co Inc (September 1988)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0806967447
ISBN-13: 978-0806967448

The boys also seem to quite like the toster and whilst I agree with you that there are many more "boys" toys out there I think when they are that age they will play with anything that is fun.

The book also has:
A trojan Horse;
A sewing machine;
A camera;
A pair of rams that butt heads;
A robot that swings its arms and moves its lips;
A sewing machine;
A telephone;
An iron and ironing board;
A train; and
A circular saw, Plus others.

Did Ya keep one for the winter breakfast toast Stinky?

Still got plenty! :C

keju
11th April 2009, 12:58 PM
Thanks ... will see if I can get it through the library, seems it's out of print.

Juvy

AUSSIE
11th April 2009, 01:05 PM
I tried the Geelong area librarys,It is not listed.WOH is us:o:oo:
OK Guys
I now have the book in question on the way along with two others.
Was looking on ebay and came across the three of them
I think I will be off loading the 2 on the outside of the photo.I havent seen them yet but want to recoupe some money.
Cost me $40 incl post for the 3.If anyone wants either or both outside books in the photo how about $13 each plus post (I cant help post cost)
That way we share the costs:2tsup:
Looks like the two books are going to a good friend of mine on the WWF
Looks like the two books are going to a good friend of mine on the WWFhttp://i22.ebayimg.com/08/i/001/3e/a7/f0df_1.JPG

Sir Stinkalot
11th April 2009, 10:27 PM
Good buy Aussie ....

I saw it on Ebay but it was only had a few hours to run after I posted my comments so I didn't provide the link.

I didn't know that it was out of print .... perhaps my $6.00 for a perfect second hand copy was money well spent. :B

AUSSIE
12th April 2009, 12:44 AM
Good buy Aussie ....

I saw it on Ebay but it was only had a few hours to run after I posted my comments so I didn't provide the link.

I didn't know that it was out of print .... perhaps my $6.00 for a perfect second hand copy was money well spent. :B
Its not a good Idea posting an ebay auction on here.That way we are bidding against each other.when I noticed it I emailed and also sent one PM to people I knew may be interested ,saying I had placed a bid and well above the price I paid as well.Trying to make sure I got the book.
and don't bid on it.:D
No good bidding against each other and a small group of us can use it like a library book.
As it was it was way to much at $40.05 incl post for the one book,but hope the other 2 will sell or maybe swap for a set of Joys&Toys plans maybe
Looks like the two books are going to a good friend of mine on the WWF
Aussie