PDA

View Full Version : Doors for a dog trailer.

silverhaze
7th April 2009, 01:31 PM
Hi All,

I'm building a custom dog trailer (10 berths, plus sleeping quarters), however we've run into a snag. I can't seem to source suitable doors for the berths.
Can't seem to find anyone willing to build them, and the one's i've found for sale are 750 high - i need ones that are 650 high.

Does anyone have any plans/tips on how to build them? Or know of anyone who could build them? Or any other suggestions!

Really stumped here!

Cheers,

Sophia

jatt
8th April 2009, 07:27 AM
Can't seem to find anyone willing to build them

Got a thread I started on 24 Feb about building a dog trailer.

Could try any one who makes ally house window frames/doors or a caravan repair joint.

Would start with the latter as I recon they could source an appropriate ally extrusion to make the outer frame with.

A place called Coast To Coast carries a lot of items used in the manufacture and repair of vans. Figure if u can build a dog trailer, no reason why u could'nt manage the doors with the right parts. The pic below of the pre built unit uses an ally extrusion for the frame with 45 deg mitres on each corner.

Making my doors with a simple rectangular RHS frame and cladding over the top. Havent finished making the doors yet as the cladding I am using is getting lock seamed at a caravan repair joint at present. Havent figured out how I'm gunna seal around the door yet, but I'm thinking along the lines of some ally angle with some adhesive backed rubber strip.

Back in the shop today, so if u r interested can post some more pics.