PDA

View Full Version : Flea problem

garfield
7th April 2009, 02:58 PM
Hi everyone,

just wondering if anyone out there has used malawash on their dogs for fleas? Mine are having a major problem with them at the moment. I was using frontline which seemed to be working great for a while but it seems they either become immune to it or it donsen't bother them no more. Any help much appreciated.

Thanks
Geoff

HazzaB
7th April 2009, 03:28 PM
Hey There,

Were you using Frontline Drops behind the head or the Spray on?? Mallawash is good for rinsing off the fleas it doesn't treat the dog against them, the spray on goes all over the dog but you have to keep up the program, every 6 weeks, that way if your pan licker picks up any fleas while socializing, they get dead. Once you get the dog right the yard and bedding will become right, you don't need to go and toxify the yard by getting in the big guns. It has worked for us.
HazzaB

garfield
7th April 2009, 04:42 PM
I was using the frontline spray. So is malawash no good for washing the dog in and protecting it from fleas?

Bluegum
14th April 2009, 09:20 PM
I have heard of poeple who put garlic into there animals food as its meant to ward of fleas. Dont know how effective it is because of what it does to the family mutt( he can clear a room quite easiliy)

terry arnold
14th April 2009, 09:56 PM
My Mother used to put garlic salt in all our dogs food a couple of times a week and she never had a flea problem and the 1 dog a Red Setter was highly allergic to flea bites.
you don't need a lot just a couple of shakes.

Cheers Terry

jaguarrh
14th April 2009, 10:25 PM
we had the same problem with an apparent immunity to frontline.

I'm not sure if it was a particularly bad year for fleas or what, but we changed to advantage and it seems to be working.

maybe it is like antibiotics, just keep changing every now and then for best performance.

don't know if i'm game to try the garlic though??? :doh:

rob

ptrott
1st June 2009, 08:23 PM
http://www.assassin.com.au/fleas.html