PDA

View Full Version : Heads up - digital angle gauge for $20

arose62
8th April 2009, 12:33 PM
I was in Bunnings at Norwest (near Blacktown, Seven Hills) on Monday night, and in the tool shop there was a box of about 15 Craft-Tech digital angle gauges for $20.

These are the same style as the Wixey - a square block with magnets for attachment, and a digital display.

I bought one quite a while back, and for a few dollars more, and I've been happy with the purchase.

This looks pretty much like the one:
http://www.ptreeusa.com/dixie_angle_gauge.htm

Cheers,
Andrew

Lumber Bunker
8th April 2009, 01:47 PM
Nice.
they are clever gadjets/

fourleafandy
9th April 2009, 09:18 PM
If anyone would like to get me one and post it to me in SA i would be extremely greatful.

PM if you want to help me

bordo
23rd May 2009, 10:47 AM
I was in bunnings penrith this morning and they had a box of CraftTech digital angle gauges on the clearance table marked down to $12.

AUSSIE
23rd May 2009, 10:52 AM
http://www.woodworkforums.com/showthread.php?t=76566

BobL
23rd May 2009, 10:57 AM
I bought one of those Crafstman units last year and have to say it is not as good as the Wixey. I changed the battery several times but it seems to have developed a delayed reaction time since it reacts very slowly to button pushes, and won't rezero after the first time without turning off/on again. I would never buy one again.

AUSSIE
23rd May 2009, 11:04 AM
I bought one of those Crafstman units last year and have to say it is not as good as the Wixey. I changed the battery several times but it seems to have developed a delayed reaction time since it reacts very slowly to button pushes, and won't rezero after the first time without turning off/on again. I would never buy one again.
I got one when they first started selling them.
I use it quite a bit.still working fine and on orig battery.Only trouble I have had is magnets are not strong enough

bordo
23rd May 2009, 03:27 PM

BobL,

Did you read this in the instruction manual:

3. Calibrate - Absolute/relative measurement conversion

Press this button to set one surface as 0.00 for measuring relative angle. Press this button for 3 seconds, the unit will change back to the state of absolute measurement.

Then you can press it again to set a new relative measurement.

I got caught out with the same thing when I first used it, but then when I read that it all works fine.

For $12 it seems like it is a pretty good deal....

snowyskiesau
23rd May 2009, 05:40 PM
In chasing up some DRO scales for use on a mill, I came across this site. (http://www.anyitools.com/Protractors%20and%20Angle%20Measurements.asp)

I sent a query of re pricing and got a price (one off) of $US22, for a metal housing it was $US23.50.
Shipping cost by DHL for 1 pc bevel box: $US22.50, 10 pcs bevel box $US69.95

The bevel box is the Wixey style inclinometer.
Still cheaper to buy here, unless you're buying in bulk.