PDA

View Full Version : Help Wax gone Hard

Tony Morton
11th April 2009, 06:19 PM
Hi
Can someone help I've got UBeaut Traditional EEE and shella wax cream all gonr hard lids not tightend last time I used them. What can I use to soften and make them useable again if any one has any sugestions it would be graetly appreciated.

Cheers Tony

rsser
11th April 2009, 07:49 PM
Check out the shellawax prob solving page ... seem to recall a tip there.

Skew ChiDAMN!!
11th April 2009, 08:08 PM
Shellawax Cream can be thinned by using normal Shellawax.

I'm pretty sure this won't work for EEE though... have you tried lightly heating it and restirring?

robyn2839
11th April 2009, 09:44 PM
imput turps in my dry shellawax cream seemed to work well....bob

Tony Morton
11th April 2009, 10:56 PM
Thanks guys I'll give it a go when next in the shed. Ern had'nt used the problem solver before learnt some tips, used to use gum turpentine for bees was polish that went hard.
Have been sanding to 2500 and using EEE looks like I can either use the EEE and sand to about 1200 or no EEEand sand to 2500.

Cheers Tony

ubeaut
13th April 2009, 11:23 AM
Shellawax Cream - Bloody good stir up and if needed some Shellawax or Glow to thin.

EEE n Trad - Mineral turpentine or white spirits - If your game heat in microwave on 10 sec bursts till melted then add turps and stir till the mix starts to thicken, very important with the EEE as if you don't stir till it starts to thicken the abrasive will drop out og the mix. Don't use a metalic stirer in EEE or it may solour the mix.

How much turps? if the tub is half full around a tablespoon.

Warning do not overheat in microwave or you may melt the jar and then you'll be in real trouble.

Other option for EEE n Trad - put some turps on the rag then rub it over the waxbefore applying it or even better still just use it in the hard state. Trad especially works great and is actually the best way to use it. We make it soft because people are basically lazy and won't use the hard wax.

Hope this is of some more help.

Cheers - Neil :U

Tony Morton
13th April 2009, 05:40 PM
Thanks Neil

All is like new again saved me quite a few dollars .

Cheers Tony