PDA

View Full Version : marquetry panel

jcousins
17th April 2009, 12:10 PM
hi all - new to this forum and glad to find one on marquetry. just got a new scroll saw and needed a project to learn all the details about using it - so thought i would do one with lots of cuts. the panel is about 13 x 10 - background is big leaf maple. branches bubinga, green is poplar and the petals are satinwood. right now the finish is lots of coats of shellac. plan is to use it as a door for a desk top display cabinet.

jerry

BernieP
17th April 2009, 12:48 PM
G'Day Jerry

Welcome aboard, certainly nice work on the panel, look forward to seeing it mounted, thanks for sharing,

Cheers
Bernie

mongrell
17th April 2009, 07:18 PM
looks pretty good to me ,well done

toolbagsPLUS
18th April 2009, 08:12 AM
Congratulations wonderful work will enjoy seeing it features in its' final resting place.:2tsup::2tsup:

Cheers

Steve

DsArt
30th April 2009, 08:54 PM
Majic work jerry really captured it there :o:2tsup:

tchipy
5th May 2009, 11:56 PM
hi all - new to this forum and glad to find one on marquetry. just got a new scroll saw and needed a project to learn all the details about using it - so thought i would do one with lots of cuts. the panel is about 13 x 10 - background is big leaf maple. branches bubinga, green is poplar and the petals are satinwood. right now the finish is lots of coats of shellac. plan is to use it as a door for a desk top display cabinet.

jerry

im just new to this forum and your work looks very good

Thomas

jcousins
11th May 2009, 05:33 AM
the forsythia panel in place on a table cabinet. the carcass is jatoba. finsish is shellac & wax.
jerry

bobkot
5th June 2009, 08:44 PM
Pretty professoinal work, well done!

I like the background that you experimented with.
One comment: The middle line of the background right in the middle taking the balance of the image. In real life it may look different, but on photo it looks unsolved. The background not integral part of the image, but only for a monent in the middle.

chrisb691
5th June 2009, 08:55 PM
That's stunning work, well done.

BernieP
5th June 2009, 11:39 PM
G'Day Jerry

Very nice, thanks for showing the finished product.

Cheers
Bernie

Rattrap
6th June 2009, 10:08 AM
That is a stunning piece of work Jerry well done mate.