PDA

View Full Version : WOODWORKING QUIZ for 12 June 04

Ralph Jones
12th June 2004, 09:56 PM
Good Evening Friends,
Several people have asked me in the past, how much would it cost to make this, that or another?
My answer would be, I don't know because I don't know what size you want, what kind of materials, or how long it would take me to make it.

What would be a good formula for making different items for people in the categories of good, better or best?

Respectfully, :)

Tonz
12th June 2004, 10:07 PM
good = x dollars
better = x dollars + y dollars
best = x dollars + y dollars + z dollars

or maybe...

good = x dollars
better = x dollars x 2
best = x dollars x 3

or maybe...

good = x dollars
better = x dollars plus a bit
best = x dollars plus a bit more

bitingmidge
12th June 2004, 10:09 PM
Ralph,

I think you have just reached the pinnacle of your career as Quizmaster!

:)

Or have you just had a crate of Red for Breakfast?

:D :D :D :D

Cheers, (Don't mind me, it's a long weekend here..)
P

journeyman Mick
13th June 2004, 12:21 AM
Good = their phone number with a dollar sign in front
Better = phone number plus area code with a dollar sign in front
Best = phone number times the area code with a dollar sign in front

Of course this can be further modified:
If there is a BMW in their drive add the number plate
If there is a Merc in the drive multiply by the number plate
If there is a Rolls in the drive add the number plate and the model number and multiply by both
If you want a birthday bonus add your birthdate what the hell, multiply by your birthdate.

Isn't this how everybody prices their work? :confused:

Mick

bitingmidge
13th June 2004, 06:42 AM
If there is a BMW in their drive add the number plate

Ahh yes and haven't I paid for that!! I sold my last Beemer for $3,000 (87 5 series immaculate with only 475,000 "careful" k's - suit handyman) about a week after a guy in a service station asked me "What sort of a job do you need to have a car like that?" I told him I was prepared to do a straight swap it for his newish SS Commode, but in the end couldn't do that to the guy...why do people go Ape when they see the badge? Now I have a 93 model, and a Suzuki Sierra for when I need to get a quote.

I think the answer to the question is the old tried and true: The number of pages of drawings mulitplied by the weight of the specification, times the length of frontage of the house (in links)= estimated cost of job in dollars.

To find the actual probable cost, take the estimated cost, divide by the age the female member of the client team tells you she is, and multiply by 100.

Hope this has been of abolutely no use to anyone!

P

ozwinner
13th June 2004, 09:58 AM
I just seen the times that you ppl have posted, cant you sleep? http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/edoom/sleeping.gifhttp://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/edoom/sleeping.gif

Al :)

Ralph Jones
13th June 2004, 10:47 AM
Good Morning Friends,
Though it is Sunday morning there it is only 7:40 Pm on Saturday here, yes I do get plenty of sleep for an old man as I get at least 20 to 40 minutes between pee times.

The answer to todays quiz is that I tell them to go to a box store and buy what they are wanting as they wouldn't want to pay my price anyway.

Also I tell them if you have to ask, then you can't afford me.

With the rising costs of overhead, insurance, gasoline and the never ending rise of materials I am considering raising my hourly rate to $45.00 per hour effective 1 July 04.

You fellows never cease to amaze me with your humor, it is a pleasure to write quizzes for you.

Respectfully, :)

bitingmidge
13th June 2004, 11:27 AM
I just seen the times that you ppl have posted, cant you sleep?

With questions like these, who needs to lie there counting sheep?

:D :D

P