PDA

View Full Version : cammeras

woodymarts
13th June 2004, 09:17 AM
hi,
how many of u use cameras and what kind do u use :
i use a 35mm nikon F101 with wide angle lenns and standerd lenns and i also have the same one in a manual one as well.i allso do mediumformat as well i have two beronicas etrsi wich takes 120 fill i have two metts pro flash guns and four film backs and i also do black and white developing as well.
so u could say i am fully stocked .
:D
woodymarts :)

gatiep
13th June 2004, 01:36 PM
I use a Kodak Brownie box camera, but I have problems finding the 620 film and the flash bulbs.

The picture quality is superb! ;)

DPB
13th June 2004, 02:46 PM
I use a Nikon CoolPix 990 digital.

PaulS
13th June 2004, 03:34 PM
I used to have a Nikon F90, with flash, great camera (I wish i didn't sell, it) still have an Nikon FM2 (classic camera, i wouldn't get rid of it!!), but being manual focus its just a bit harder to take snaps of the kids. Used to do a bit of B&W developing but only very very amatuerish.
To tell you the truth i am thinking that the Digital line is the way to go. SWMBO has a Canon Power Shot A70 (bought her this so, best move i could have made, saved heaps in processing costs, and on more boxes full of photos, although I now have a hard drive full of photos, but atleast they don't take up much space.)
Maybe if I sold one of the kids, i could get the new table saw and a Nikon SLR Digital... Or i could take the Treasurer up on his offer and have one for the country, what are they promising $3000 per kid great!!!
But that hardest thing is, is that Photography, like woodwork is an accessory sport...

Paul

Iain
13th June 2004, 04:26 PM
2x Mamiya C330f-Bronica ETRS-Pentax MX-Minolta auto 35mm underwater-Olympus Pen SS-Kodak digital about to be upgraded to something respectable....................and, if you want big, a Horseman 8x10 which I have not used for years and dread to think how much film costs today.

Grunt
13th June 2004, 04:43 PM
Maybe if I sold one of the kids,
PaulS,

How much? Also, what age and sex? If they're the right price, I'll take a couple.
I'm considering going into the slave trade.

PaulS
13th June 2004, 06:04 PM
Look Grunt Here is a picture of one of them when they were younger..
Still interested?

Tankstand
13th June 2004, 06:36 PM
Still learning all the ins and outs of my Sony F717

echnidna
13th June 2004, 06:38 PM
Just got a Kodak 6490 coz I liked the 10X optical zoom.

Dylan SJ
13th June 2004, 06:39 PM
Canon 300D, a bunch of lenses, 550EX flash, tripod etc... It's a great budget digital SLR.

Barry_White
13th June 2004, 07:53 PM
Hey Paul

You look like you have Cabinet Disease like me.

Your chest has dropped into drawers.

PaulS
13th June 2004, 07:57 PM
Barry,
I always wished i looked like Arnie, and now I think i do, i am too scared to look

Paul

DPB
13th June 2004, 08:02 PM
Or perhaps it's Dunlop Disease - that where your belly dun lop over your belt. :D :p ;)

Grunt
13th June 2004, 08:04 PM
I'm more concerned about Paul's offspring. Are you sure you're the father? You with lack of hair and all that.

Barry_White
13th June 2004, 08:28 PM
Don

If you are in Canada you must be having a late night or an early morning.

Gumpy
13th June 2004, 09:02 PM
My camera is a digital Canon A200, great for close up shots and not so good for those long distance shots. I have taken close to 5000 shots so far and its still going strong.

Daniel

gatiep
13th June 2004, 09:32 PM
Whats 'optical zoom', I can't find it on my Kodak Brownie 620 Box Camera. If I want to zoom I have to walk closer!
Have a great week
Cya
Joe

PlanePig
13th June 2004, 10:57 PM
I have a Canon Eos 100, 28-80+70-300 zooms,+ 430 flash & a Canon Power Shot A70 digital, this is 9 months old & now you can get better megapixels etc for less money than I paid last year. The digi is very convenient to take around although I prefer the EOS with the interchangeable lens .
Planepig.

echnidna
13th June 2004, 11:15 PM
gatiep
Optical zoom is a telephoto lens which brings the actual image closer.
Some digital cameras use software zoom which only blows the image up larger so its not as clear and crisp as optical zoom.

Optical zoom is great if for example you want a closeup photo of a whale in the ocean or of a bird in the top of a tall tree etc.

If you put a telescope on front of your brownie box its got optical zoom.

bitingmidge
13th June 2004, 11:20 PM
If I want to zoom I have to walk closer!

Pedometric Zoom.

P :)

Little Festo
17th June 2004, 09:59 AM
Ok, what do we all photograph with our cameras. At present I use digital almost exclusivly. I have a Nikon F4, Linhof Technika 4x5, Fuji Panoramic (120 and 200 film) and a Nikon D100.

Work wise I do Publice Realtions work, Medical Photography for diagnostic, legal and teaching purposes etc.

Privately, very little. I do a bit for a friend who publishes a fishing magazine, NAFA, product photography of fishing tackle. The odd wedding, 1 or 2 a year and some of my wood turnings.

Peter

Iain
17th June 2004, 05:46 PM
Digital zoom only crops the image which will cause deterioration if you wish to crop later with the computer software.

woodymarts
19th June 2004, 07:33 AM
it is nice to hear everbodys cammeras,i have just brought a pellie case to stor all my kit ,it is water proof and u can run over it with a landrover,I am just getting my busnes started and going to become a pro photograph with the wife .it is just starting to take off i have three wedings booked and the local playschool so it is coming in slowerly .
woodmarts

Iain
19th June 2004, 09:35 AM
http://www.scannerplace.com.au/pelican.htm, a good choice, I have a couple of them.
They are expensive but really well made and have a pressure release valve if you are flying.
As they are waterproof when the cargo hold depressurises the ensuing vacuum inside the case means it cannot be opened.
They are truly waterproof.

glenn k
19th June 2004, 12:29 PM
I got a hp 3.2MP digital with rewards points on my Visa card. It has a pentax lens 5.8mm-17.4mm plus 3x digital zoom which is a waste of time. It comes with 16Meg internal memory. I bought a 512MB card off Ebay ~$160 with postage from New York (now cheaper). It can hold 329 photos on high qual and 3300 on low quality less if you add voice to explain photos ( I use this feature often as I write reports from the photos and my voice overs) or 30mins of video with sound. Why use film?

Iain
19th June 2004, 04:37 PM
Just got back from Harvey Norman and bought a Fuji S7000 6.6mp with 6x optical zoom (plus 3.2digital which I have no intention of using)
Fully auto, manual, shutter preference or aperture pref and hot shoe for external 'normal' flash gun.
They were asking $999 and I got a price better than CPL in Melb who are selling them for 879, HN sold it for 850.
It has a 32mb card which will hold 2, yes, two high quality photos.
Will be getting 256mb from CPL for 159 in Xd.
Haven't tried it yet as a goodly portion of my computer has decided to take long service leave and I cannot connect to the CD Rom, going away for a face lift next week (pooter, not me) and having a 80g hard drive fitted to handle the new beast.
Apparently Fuji have a new agent in Aus and they are really giving the product the big push.
www.fujifilm.com

AlexS
19th June 2004, 05:26 PM
I just bought an Olympus C740 - 10x optical oom that I wanted for details, 3.2 mp which should be enough for mainly screen viewing.

See an example at http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?t=9429&highlight=jason