PDA

View Full Version : South Aust. panorama

MajorPanic
23rd April 2009, 10:34 PM
Seal bay, Kangaroo Island, South Australia, 180° panorama

Taken last year, Nikon D300 & an old manual focus 35-70mm ais lens

21 photos in portrait format, hand held, stitched with PTgui. Not the best as waves make for bloody hard stitching. :-

WoodJunky
23rd April 2009, 10:55 PM
great photo !!!!!

You may have had problems with the waves (even though they look fine to me, but I'm no expert), the horizon and the clouds look pretty damn good.

:2tsup: Well Done!!! :2tsup:

I_wanna_Shed
23rd April 2009, 11:00 PM
Great photo Major. PTgui is great programme for stitching photos together.

Nathan.

fenderbelly
23rd April 2009, 11:21 PM
Well done major, great work. congratulations.

21 hand held pics = hard work, is a bit of an understatement i think.

again well done

Cheers Fred

wheelinround
15th May 2009, 11:08 AM
Ah now I can reply

Brilliant shot Mark :2tsup:

MajorPanic
15th May 2009, 11:17 AM
Thanks for the comments gents :B

martrix
15th May 2009, 10:53 PM
Big Shed whats the deal? It a panorama shot for god sake.:((

DJ’s Timber
15th May 2009, 10:59 PM
The big deal is that we get a lot of complaints via reported posts when images are wider than the forum's sizing requirement of 800px.

If people insist on doing wider images. it is preferred that they post one at 800px and provide a link to a larger one such as Major has done here (http://www.woodworkforums.com/showthread.php?t=96317) with his workshop in the round.

BobL
16th May 2009, 01:28 AM
21 hand held pics = hard work, is a bit of an understatement i think.

Work? . . . .err. . . I don't think so. The way I do is click on "stitch pano" and I go and have beer while the computer does it, irrespective of the number of images. It's taken me about 3000 panoramas and 27 years, but I think I am finally over it.:D

fenderbelly
17th May 2009, 08:14 AM
Work? . . . .err. . . I don't think so. The way I do is click on "stitch pano" and I go and have beer while the computer does it, irrespective of the number of images. It's taken me about 3000 panoramas and 27 years, but I think I am finally over it.:D

Hi BobL,

i tried to have a look at the link in your signature, got the following message.

fenderbelly, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Cheers Fred