PDA

View Full Version : Routing with the aid of template guides

tomod
26th April 2009, 05:11 PM
Hi all

I have been having some problems computer wise lately and have been unable to log in as Template Tom.I am still working on new projects with the aid of the template guides and I was wondering if those members who received my introductory DVD have had an opportunity to give my method a go. I would be interested in your comments. I am also available to answer any questions that you may like to submit.

Tom

Woodlee
27th April 2009, 11:48 PM
Hi Tom ,
Sorry to hear about your computer problems ,but glad to see you got on here ok.
I got as far as machining up one 40mm template guide to fit my old Makita 3600 .Then I bought a Triton MOF 001 and then made an adaptor plate to fit the TRA001 template guides to that .Then I got totally side tracked with the delivery of a metal working milling machine ,so I have been maxed out setting that up and getting it into working condition.
Im planning on a few weeks of woodwork in the near future so I hope to get back to the template guides and templates.

Kev.

Chipman
28th April 2009, 12:31 AM
Tom,

I did not get your DVD but I have used your wisdom (you answered some of my questions earler in the year) and made some templates of late to make a federation style bunk bed. I used a 19mm guide bush for the 6.3mm and 10mm mortices and eventually was able to get a 40mm bush for the 19 mm mortices. Makes work so much easier. Spiral bits are fantastic. The bushes fit both my Hitachi and Triton routers.

I did the tenons on the router table and rounded them over by hand...you probably have a better way of doing it!!!!

Regards,

Chipman

Cruzi
28th April 2009, 09:44 PM
Shouldn't this be in commercial announcments forum?

lesmeyer
29th April 2009, 07:41 PM
Cruzi, if you look at previous posts by Tom, you will see that the main discussion/education has been around the use of template guides. The DVD has only been a side issue and I reckon there would be no need to move this to another forum. Tom was only looking for feedback from those who have obtained his DVD. I have been following the discussion and moving portion of the discussion will only result in fragmented information.
Les

Cruzi
29th April 2009, 09:12 PM
Cruzi, if you look at previous posts by Tom, you will see that the main discussion/education has been around the use of template guides. The DVD has only been a side issue and I reckon there would be no need to move this to another forum. Tom was only looking for feedback from those who have obtained his DVD. I have been following the discussion and moving portion of the discussion will only result in fragmented information.
Les

Move it all to commercial announcments then.

pitbull
1st May 2009, 01:48 PM
Move it all to commercial announcments then.

If you don't like the post don't read it. :no:

rayintheuk
1st May 2009, 08:06 PM
If you don't like the post don't read it.
You need to read a post before you can decide whether you "like it" or not.

My take on what Cruzi was saying (with which I agree, FWIW), was that all recent posts have been self-promoting in one way or another, therefore much more appropriate for the commercial announcements. "Seeking feedback" is another way of announcing the existence of the DVD, after all - a technique I've seen on many other forums. That may not have been the case here, but in these cynical times, who could be blamed for considering it?

Ray