PDA

View Full Version : sustainable timber for Decking

perksyaus
29th April 2009, 01:25 PM
Hi All,

I am in the process if designing / costing my new house. One of the features is seperate pavillions joined by a lot of timber decking. All of the decking will be under roof, but some of it may be exposed to the elements.

I would really like your opinion on what timber to use - I am keen to only use sustainable timber - I was thinking of using cypress pine. I think the total area I am doing is around 60sq meters.

Thanks

Den

mic-d
29th April 2009, 08:41 PM
Hi All,

I am in the process if designing / costing my new house. One of the features is seperate pavillions joined by a lot of timber decking. All of the decking will be under roof, but some of it may be exposed to the elements.

I would really like your opinion on what timber to use - I am keen to only use sustainable timber - I was thinking of using cypress pine. I think the total area I am doing is around 60sq meters.

Thanks

Den
I think that is an excellent choice.
Cheers
Michael

Poss
29th April 2009, 09:00 PM
Hi Den,what about using a recylced material called ' Modwood ' it would require a lot less long term Maint.than C/pine.This product can also be secured with hidden fasteners that make for a very clean look.
Cheers

weisyboy
29th April 2009, 09:12 PM
i would go with a hardwood on a deck.

its more hard wearign where you will be walking alot. and cheeper.