PDA

View Full Version : Rocking Horse

Backyarder
18th June 2004, 04:08 PM
Does any one have a plan for a cool rocking horse. I have searched the net but all seam pretty plain or have a cost.

ozwinner
18th June 2004, 04:23 PM
I have searched the net but all seam pretty plain or have a cost.
Hi
Thats life, plain and free or realy nice and cost money.

Al

Eastie
18th June 2004, 04:33 PM
We realy could write a book with all your useful info Al :D

Backyarder, if you do a search for "rocking horse" you will find a few of the members have made then in recent times. I'm sure a private message to one of them would put you in touch with something decent. Wongo & DPB come to mind.

the late Eastie.
-----------------
sure is hot in Heaven.

Wongo
18th June 2004, 04:48 PM
Yoo,

This one is the best but a little bit more expensive (well worth it) http://www.rockinghorse.co.uk/

This one is from Australia http://www.woodcarver.com.au/

This one is the Aussie representative for Margaret Spencer and Co http://members.optusnet.com.au/~j_woodbury/rocking%20horse1.htm

And I have a couple of others but I would not recommend.

I would strongly recommend the first one and you won’t regret it. Let me know if you need any help.

Hope it helps

Cheers

Wongo
18th June 2004, 05:25 PM
Backyarder

After revisiting the websites, the rocking horse shop is not the most expensive one.

For example,

Plans

Rocking horse shop = £14.99 (best design)
Woodcarvers haven = $40 (looks terrible)
The heirloom rocking horse co. = $40 (looks OK)

Good luck :)

ozwinner
18th June 2004, 05:29 PM
We realy could write a book with all your useful info Al :D

Backyarder, if you do a search for "rocking horse" you will find a few of the members have made then in recent times. I'm sure a private message to one of them would put you in touch with something decent. Wongo & DPB come to mind.

the late Eastie.
-----------------
sure is hot in Heaven.
The titles I am thinking of.
Al's helpful hints.
The rantings of Al
Usefull and useless hints

Al :D

bitingmidge
18th June 2004, 05:37 PM
Free stuff is often worth what you pay for it.

I don't mind using free stuff, but usually modify it to suit myself anyway. I have on occasion bought plans that I had no intention of using to find out how some details worked, to use in other projects.

On the other hand if someone is making a living from selling plans (for anything), remember it takes a lot of $20,$30 or $50 lumps to pay the rent, so don't steal plans that aren't in the public domain!

The only exception to this rule is the big "M" software company, where it's ok to steal as much as you like, as long as you are prepared to go to jail when they catch you! :D

If you don't have the ability to modify plans to suit your own purposes, you will probably benefit from buying the best plans and most detailed instructions in any case, and once you have the experience, do it again from a free set, incorporating all you have learnt!

My Rave for the day!

:D
P

ozwinner
18th June 2004, 05:41 PM
The only exception to this rule is the big "M" software company, where it's ok to steal as much as you like, as long as you are prepared to go to jail when they catch you! :D

Didnt know McDonalds did software? :confused:

McCheers, Al

Wongo
18th June 2004, 05:47 PM
Didnt know McDonalds did software? :confused:

McCheers, Al
Don’t be silly McAl, he was talking about Mazda.

BTW I love spam too. (spam, spam, spam, spam,…… spam, spam, spam, spam,)

Sturdee
18th June 2004, 05:48 PM
The titles I am thinking of.....

What about "The gospel according to Al and Allana" :eek: :D

Peter.

ozwinner
18th June 2004, 05:52 PM
Don’t be silly McAl, he was talking about Mazda.

BTW I love spam too. (spam, spam, spam, spam,…… spam, spam, spam, spam,)
Its nice fried. mmmmmmmmmmm.......... Spam.

Al

Christopha
7th July 2004, 09:50 PM
As this is the "BOAT FORUM" can I assume you will post pics of the horsey on the poop deck?

Wayne Davy
7th July 2004, 09:53 PM
As this is the "BOAT FORUM" can I assume you will post pics of the horsey on the poop deck?
Why would he want to post pics of a horse doing a poop?!???!?!?

:D :D :D

Christopha
7th July 2004, 09:56 PM
Anymore of that talk and I'll deck ya!!!! ;)

Wayne Davy
7th July 2004, 10:00 PM
Oops, I guess I'd be kissing the poop then :p (shut up wayne - he's a big fella ya know)

Christopha
7th July 2004, 10:17 PM
OK deckhead.... settle! If the Righteous spots this we will both be inna poop... :(

DPB
8th July 2004, 01:53 AM
Here's the site from which I purchased my rocking horse plans. http://www.gordonswoodcrafts.com

I think Gordons sources their plans from the Rocking Horse Co in the UK.

fxst
8th July 2004, 08:23 PM
Chris me old china ...ur dementia is showing they slipped in a new forum while u was typing.....or tasting the coona stuff :D
Pete