PDA

View Full Version : War Office

LineLefty
18th June 2004, 04:35 PM
Given teh popularity of the term SWMBO, I've heard a few people on the radio refer to their wives as "The War Office". They do it as if everyone is familiar with that word.

Any explanations?

Robert WA
18th June 2004, 04:57 PM
My wife heard the phrase years ago and presumed it was "whore office". Even though I was not the one who said it, I got the rounds of the kitchen just for smiling and for being male.

ozwinner
18th June 2004, 05:38 PM
I think it supposed to be 'cause the missus is always on the war path, or some thing like that.

Al

silentC
18th June 2004, 05:40 PM
My mother in law is a bit of a battle axe, could that have something to do with it?

bitingmidge
18th June 2004, 05:49 PM
I think that the use of all these derogatory terms are demeaning and paternalistic and generally lower the tone of the board. :eek: :eek: :eek:

My dearest has been "the blight of my life" for the past 30 years, although in later times the term "old cheese" seems more appropriate since the appearance of all those blue veins.

:D :D :D

P

ozwinner
18th June 2004, 05:54 PM
I think that the use of all these derogatory terms are demeaning and paternalistic and generally lower the tone of the board. :eek: :eek: :eek:

My dearest has been "the blight of my life" for the past 30 years, although in later times the term "old cheese" seems more appropriate since the appearance of all those blue veins.

:D :D :D

PI thought it might be the smell? :(

Any one else notice the Google at the top of the page?

Cheers, Pongo

Ben from Vic.
18th June 2004, 06:05 PM
Didn't notice it (the Google at the top) till you pointed it out.

I have it to.

Ben