PDA

View Full Version : Google Search

ubeaut
18th June 2004, 06:28 PM
I have just incorporated a Google Search button into these forums. This will give users the ability to search Australia or the world for pretty well anything, without leaving the Forums environment.

Hopefully it will serve to enhance the whole Bulletin Board experience.

Cheers - Neil :D

PS If you don't like it, please, for everyones sake, don't whinge and whine about it, just don't use it. :mad:

outback
18th June 2004, 07:12 PM
I noticed it, I like it, and I'm gonna use it. :D

macca2
18th June 2004, 10:17 PM
Yeah a nice addition to the BB. will get my use.

Macca

Rowan
19th June 2004, 12:36 PM
:eek: how much better does life get!!! My home page now on my favourite and most used page. Now figure a way that I can woodwork while at the keyboard and life is perfect!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Ian007
19th June 2004, 02:58 PM
Thanks Neil great idea

makes life that little bit better

once again thanks :)

Driver
19th June 2004, 04:33 PM
Great idea, Neil! Thanks.

craigb
19th June 2004, 11:54 PM
Nice one Neil. Thank you

Christopha
21st June 2004, 11:12 PM
Strewth you lot! Stop sucking up, the sod has one good idea and you all carry on like he deserves the Nobel prize.... Bah Humbug!

Rowan
22nd June 2004, 10:20 AM
Hey I only said it go get my reputation enhanced :D :eek: :D :eek: ;)

outback
22nd June 2004, 11:46 AM
PS If you don't like it, please, for everyones sake, don't whinge and whine about it, just don't use it. :mad:

We were told quite clearly, I believe not to whine, and who is to argue with Neil. :rolleyes:
I fear an alter ego from days gone by has emerged in you Christopha. Probably brought about by jealousy, because it was Neils idea nad not yours. :D

Wood Borer
22nd June 2004, 12:02 PM
Outback,

I think you have misinterpreted Christopha's message.

You see he says he is old and grumpy but in reality he is a sophisticated sarcastic cynical chap who often uses reverse logic. He posted his message trawling for reputation points in such a way that it appeared he was knocking others for being sucks whilst being one himself.

I have studied his methods closely because I admire them and to prove my point I think his reputation points might have increased since he posted his message. Cunning eh!

- Wood Borer

LineLefty
22nd June 2004, 01:57 PM
It would be nice if the search results opened in a new window.

That way when when are all reading a detailed 500 word treatise on the correct way to polish the lever cap screw of a Stanley #4 we can do our google search for "Hand Plane Tragics Anonymous" while still having the original thread open.

Olé!

RETIRED
22nd June 2004, 04:03 PM
Adam.

Cheat a bit. Open a new window and use Google from there.

LineLefty
22nd June 2004, 04:06 PM
..............by pressing Ctrl+n I know. Actually, I've got the Google toolbar installed in my browser.

:p

outback
22nd June 2004, 05:14 PM
Outback,

I have studied his methods closely because I admire them and to prove my point I think his reputation points might have increased since he posted his message. Cunning eh!

- Wood Borer

What a stunning er I mean cunning stunt! :D

Wood Borer
22nd June 2004, 05:25 PM
You mean like a policeman's baton!

Another two often mentioned are:

What's the difference between a mountain goat and a goldfish?

What's the difference between a poor marksman and a constipated owl?

- Wood Borer