PDA

View Full Version : Newcastle wood working show - question

Zed
19th June 2004, 08:21 PM
Hi there,

I thought I read that there was gunna be a newcastle wws this year... if so :

where ? when ? is carba-tech gunna be there ? I'd like to get the shepparch drill press discussed recently at a show price..

anyone know any answers to my q's ?

cheers lads/lassies

Jim Carroll
19th June 2004, 10:43 PM
There is the Newcastle wood & Craft show on the 13-15th of August. for more information refer www.woodturners.org.au . As to who is there you will have to go and see.

oges
22nd June 2004, 09:40 PM
The Newcastle Woodwork and Craft Expo that Jim mentioned is the only one I have ever heard of in the Newcastle area. I have been to it the last three years and Ubeaut was there a few times.

Unlike the working with wood shows, it is mainly aimed at the Craft area, from sewing, embroidery and such things like that. There are a few woodies there on scrollsaws and other things. They do have a seperate building that you will find a few woodworking companies in, like Symtec, Ubeaut (not sure if they are attending this year) and the closes you will come to Carba-tec is this mob http://www.toolies.com.au/ who are quite good to deal with.

Anyway I always find its a good day out, always some nice timber there to add to the stock pile aswell as drooling over tools I wish I could own. Plus the missus can look around at the craft things whilst you take in some wood dust.

Neil
25th June 2004, 08:55 AM
I'm a bit slack with this one, for all the info visit http://www.ubeaut.com.au/nswhuntr.htm

This event is organised and run by Woodturners of the Hunter and is a little ripper.

The overall Show is as big as many of the WWW Shows with one massive hall filled with every type of craft work you can immagine, and Johnathan Knowles Clocks.

A second, smaller hall is filled with all kinds of woodworking displays, demo's and suppliers. U-Beaut will be there along with Carrolls Woodcraft Supplies, New England Woodturning Supplies, Garry Pye, Toolies and a heap of others.

Outside between the 2 halls is a large area covered with timber for sale, milling demo's, etc.

Food and drink is available throughout the 3 days of the show and there will be demonstrations of all sorts, running almost continually.

I highly recommend this weekend, it is excellent and well worth attending, It is also one of the few events you can bring the whole family to and not get complaints, as there is SOMETHING THERE FOR EVERYONE.

Cheers - Neil :D

PS A large portion of the proceeds go to The Childrens Ward at John Hunter Hospital. Last year $56,000 was raised and donated by the club to the hospital. This purchased much needed equipment in the form of 3 neo-natal intensive care monitors.

Caliban
25th June 2004, 09:21 AM
Zed
I'll be there and could possibly be talked into consuming some liquid refreshment with you and any other forum memberswho want to do so.(As long as you keep your apron on, I don't want any frights.)

Zed
25th June 2004, 10:11 AM
Hovo,

I 'll be in that - what day are you planning to be there ?

Caliban
25th June 2004, 12:03 PM
Zed
Probably the Saturday
I'll have the wife and a few mates in tow, so unsure at this time.

oges
25th June 2004, 07:03 PM
I will most likely be there on the Saturday too

Zed
26th June 2004, 09:09 AM
OK, lets meet on saturday then. I dont know the locale or anything so you guys suggest something and we'll hook up.

look foward to it. already in the calendar!

cheers

Zed
29th July 2004, 12:09 PM
Hi,

Can anyone tell me the address or how to get there ? are you guys still gunna lob up on Saturday ?

oges
29th July 2004, 05:58 PM
The link Neil posted has all the details of the event and where it is located.

Zed
2nd August 2004, 08:46 AM
Ok,

I've saved me money, printed neils post link and the SWMBO has gotten a new car to drive up to newc in....

we'll be there around 10:30 satruday the 14th, who'll be there and where do we meet ?

cheers

BobR
2nd August 2004, 09:39 AM
Carba-Tec will be there. But they say thay are not taking the full range that they take to the big ww shows.

Bob

DarrylF
2nd August 2004, 09:34 PM
I'm only going if Zed makes muffins again :D

I'll be there about 10:30-11am on Saturday. Meet at the U-Beaut stand at noon for lunch maybe?

Caliban
3rd August 2004, 09:18 PM
Darryl
Sounds like a plan.
I'll be in the muffin thing as long as SilentC stays away, the dirty theiving chook. :D :D

oges
3rd August 2004, 10:48 PM
Can you pick me up on the freeway? I promise not to eat all the muffins before we get there :D

Bob, the 'industry' shed isnt that big compared to the www shows which is why they probably arent taking the full stock.

Looks like there is going to be some good things there though, will get there mid morning sometime

Zed
4th August 2004, 09:19 AM
12 at the ubeaut stand it is then. (assuming I can find it). If I have eggs I will make muffins and leave them with neil again.