PDA

View Full Version : Shipping from the USA to AUS

Dorno
1st May 2009, 10:54 PM
Hello all
I am trying to bring Machinery from the USA to australia. can anyone tell me what is the cheapest way to send stuff.
It doesnt have to be the quickest but i would like the cheapest. we are looking at between ½ and 1 cubic metre.
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks Ian

Sorry I realise that this is probabley the right forum but just thought i would try

China
1st May 2009, 11:04 PM
The cheapest way is usualy by sea, by the time it gets to you in can be 6 months.

china

toolbagsPLUS
2nd May 2009, 09:32 AM
Just a thought, is it wired for Aust 240v power?

Cheers

Steve

Dorno
2nd May 2009, 10:24 AM
thanks for your input but it appears that there is very little sea frieght comming from the usa. If there is I have been unable to find a plce that does it

Thanks Ian

BobL
2nd May 2009, 10:43 AM
thanks for your input but it appears that there is very little sea frieght comming from the usa. If there is I have been unable to find a plce that does it

A couple of years back we had some stuff sent - it took 12 weeks and it came via Hong Kong. Apparently it spent at least 6 weeks sitting on the docks in HK.

Lignin
2nd May 2009, 06:31 PM
There are lots of cars (or there were until the Great Meltdown)being inported to Aus from US.Most are in containers, so, if you can link up with a rev head somehow, you might be able to utilise his free space.
Worth a try.:;:;

joez
2nd May 2009, 06:32 PM
Hi Dorno i've sent you a PM with some details on someone who should be able to help

Joez

Dorno
2nd May 2009, 06:46 PM
Thanks to everyone you all have been a huge help. Thanks very much to you Joez I got your message and have saved all the info you gave me and will follow it all up on monday.

Thanks again Ian

graemet
2nd May 2009, 09:14 PM
I've given up trying to get stuff sent from the US, anything over the size of a screwdriver costs more than the article itself to post. Rockler have some really good prices but postage?????????!!!!
They used to be quite reasonable but USPS have revised their charges from OK to rediculous!:(
Cheers
Graeme