PDA

View Full Version : Table saws "?"

Julian Wilson
20th June 2004, 09:14 AM
Hi all, I am in the process of buying a table saw. Im unsure of type, style & accessories needed. The saw will be used for furniture mainly as well as forming tennons, datos, rebates, cheek cuts & trenching etc. My price range is $1500-$1800. Appreciate any advice given, Thanks Julian.

Grunt
20th June 2004, 11:56 AM
You can't go past the TSC-10HB from Carbatec. Great value and great fence. There are a number of people on the BB that have them and love 'em. Me included. The price is $1495. You'll need to get a blade with that as well. Also, with everything with this power will need a 15 amp outlet to work.

http://svc010.bne011i.server-web.com/catalogue/carbatec2/cache/header-573public__0-0.html?cache=no

Wongo
21st June 2004, 10:37 AM
While supporting Grunt’s recommendation, I would also consider the JET supersaw. The price is around $1600 without sliding table and $2000 with sliding table. You normally get a free Frued blade ($1000). It is also a great saw.

http://www.majorwoodworking.com.au/catalog/

Wayne Davy
21st June 2004, 12:13 PM
You normally get a free Frued blade ($1000).
Wongo, that is one expensive blade. Maybe you buy the blade and they throw in the T/S for free :D ;) :D

Wongo
21st June 2004, 12:40 PM
Wongo, that is one expensive blade. Maybe you buy the blade and they throw in the T/S for free :D ;) :D

Oh, oops

$100.0 :p

Ian007
25th June 2004, 01:45 AM
Hi Julian

I have not long ago been down the road of looking for a table saw.
and the main thing that i found out was that most of the main sellers have the same machine but in a diffrent colour and if you haggle with them a different price.

I have a HK12 Leda machine its the same as a delta and carabatec sell them as well but in a 10" package as do heaps of others
to tell the truth i only got this today as my 10" that i got 2 months ago was not what i needed (long story but the short of it is that Bruce Evans from Leda Machinery in Adelaide is a Bloody Legend :) :) :) and a good man to deal with from me its all thumbs up)

make sure that what you get will take a dado blade
I know its a long drive but the adelaide woodworking show is on next month
and you can usally save a buck or two.

i went to ivanhoe about twenty years ago to do some work. have they sealed the road to broken hill yet? i only just got all the bull dust out of the throat!!haha

cheers Ian

Julian Wilson
25th June 2004, 07:57 AM
Thanks for the advice all, Ian the road to B/Hill is still very rough & dusty, not a plesent drive at all.

Cheers all,
Julian