PDA

View Full Version : Where to get small steel rod

Dengue
4th May 2009, 11:56 AM
One of my grandchildrens little truck toys with a wooden axle broke. Can anyone please advise the best place to get 5mm diameter steel rod, about 50mm long?

regards,
Jill

Chesand
4th May 2009, 12:09 PM
Jill

I have a piece about 200mm long which you can have.

If you PM your address, I will post it to you

AUSSIE
4th May 2009, 12:14 PM
One of my grandchildrens little truck toys with a wooden axle broke. Can anyone please advise the best place to get 5mm diameter steel rod, about 50mm long?

regards,
Jill
Try a hobby shop.If they are a big enough shop they will have spring steel in about 3 ft or 1m lengths nice and tough, the kids will have no hope of bending it.

munruben
5th May 2009, 10:19 AM
Jill

I have a piece about 200mm long which you can have.

If you PM your address, I will post it to youWow how is that for service:2tsup::2tsup:

Dengue
5th May 2009, 02:07 PM
I am really grateful for Cheshand's generous offer, but I was able to find the rod I needed in a 900mm length for just $6 in a local hobby shop. Funny, I have never been in that shop previously, but it was interesting, with an adult group meeting in progress too.

Many thanks for all your comments and advice,

regards,
Jill

keju
7th May 2009, 09:17 AM
mind boggling... you've never been in a hobby shop before? Did you come out loaded with goodies?
Those places are as bad as hardware stores.... too many tempting things calling my name! lol

Juvy

Billy
10th May 2009, 04:39 PM
my wife and i went to a big hobby shop in newcastle last week,:rolleyes: i was looking at 1/24-1/25 scale car kits and found a couple i like :U, i couldn't get her out of the dolls house section.:doh: have you seen the amazing array of stuff at the small scales? everything from coal fired stoves right down to bars of soap, unbelievable.:o Im thinking of making a dolls house ( if you can call those mansions dolls houses ) so she can furnish it with all the bits and pieces.:no:
Funny thing was, as we were half way home i realised i hadnt got the car kits, looks like ill have to go back:;

petersemple
11th May 2009, 11:23 AM
I was just in our local hobby shop this week after many years away. I could not believe how much plastic model kits have increased in price. It is amazing. Lucky I still have a cupboard full of "pending" projects enough to last for a while.

Peter