PDA

View Full Version : Brisbane Wood show - I can't go!

ElizaLeahy
4th May 2009, 12:23 PM
I'm so upset. I can't go to the woodshow. I had $360 saved up, and then we found out that Gem needs an operation on her leg. On the 11th.

I was so looking forward to meeting you all! :(

Ed Reiss
4th May 2009, 12:28 PM
...hey, the little fur face is more important :q

munruben
4th May 2009, 01:15 PM
Sorry to hear that Eliza. Hope all turns out well on the 11th.

ElizaLeahy
4th May 2009, 01:21 PM
She definately is!

But still... why does it have to be NOW?

:(

mic-d
4th May 2009, 01:42 PM
Go on, you KNOW you want to. You don't have to spend anything except entry and most of us don't charge an introduction fee:p:wink::D. You could even arrange a "swap" in the buy/swap/sell to pass a hat for a contribution to your admission fee in exchange for some homemade morning tea. Better than paying exorbitant prices at the food vans. You might even make enough to buy some turny stuff.

Cheers
Michael

Enfield Guy
4th May 2009, 08:14 PM
I for 1 would be happy to contribute. Would be such a shame to see an person who has come so far so soon miss out.
B

ElizaLeahy
4th May 2009, 08:18 PM
No, really, I'm not asking for anything and I'll not accept anything either. I'll either get there on my own or I'll wait until next year.

But your offer is really kind and I appreciate it :)

Who knows, I might win lotto. Then I'll be able to buy you all a cup of coffee! ;)

Wayne Blanch
7th May 2009, 08:23 PM
Eliza,
I live in Birkdale and so I would be able to give you a lift in on my way, if that helps and I would be more than willing to contribute towards your admission or at least the cup of coffee:D. Considering your contribution to the forums it would be least I could do. PM me if you want a lift.
I hope everything turns out alright on the 11th.

ElizaLeahy
7th May 2009, 09:08 PM
Thanks Wayne. Things are changing.

I phoned the vet and said that I wasn't happy with the diagnosis, we are going up to talk to him tomorrow. I don't think she needs the operation, at least not yet. It was the younger vet that saw her, and he was under the impression that her patella was out constantly, no matter what I tried to explain. The vet that owns the place phoned me and wants to see her, no charge. I told him that I am sure that her patella is in most of the time, and I'm happy to monitor it.

I'll see what he says tomorrow.

Enfield Guy
7th May 2009, 09:29 PM
Hope it all goes well Eliza

Sawdust Maker
7th May 2009, 10:37 PM
come to Sydney instead:!

ElizaLeahy
8th May 2009, 01:17 PM
The news is all bad. She is going in to have her op on Monday. I won't be going, please don't try to entice me.

Thanks

eisbaer
8th May 2009, 02:43 PM
i'm sorry to hear that eliza. I really hope the operation goes well.

Pm me your address and i'll send you a bag of pen blanks :) i know it's not much but at least you'll get some timber out of it. I promised you a couple of pen blanks of olive so if you're still keen let me know and i'll include those.

petersemple
8th May 2009, 02:58 PM
Not trying to entice you (heck, I'm not sure if I'll be making it myself either) but just wanted to say hope the operation goes well and both you and dog recover well.

Peter

Ed Reiss
8th May 2009, 10:40 PM
:whs: ....and give the little fur face a pat on the head for me :U

mic-d
10th May 2009, 08:45 AM
Save up and go to Patrick's new show instead. It'll have quite a few of the exhibitors who have jumped ship from the TWWS there:2tsup:

http://staging.handsonexpo.com.au/brisbane/shows/woodworking-show/

Cheers
Michael

good luck with Gem BTW

ElizaLeahy
12th May 2009, 08:25 AM
Here she is...

Wayne Blanch
12th May 2009, 09:09 AM
Awwwww, too cute!!!

Ed Reiss
12th May 2009, 11:42 AM