PDA

View Full Version : A Question about MEN's SHED???

tamaruf
8th May 2009, 11:17 AM
Hi Guys , i think its not a good question but i would like to know. I am not a wood worker but like to do some work on it. My question is

1. Men's shed ;is it only for discussion and sell swap of staffs?
2. Can you do wood work in this shed if you become a member?
3. Is there any shed in hurstville, NSW area???

Sorry guys, i have almost no knowledge about it. thanks for your time. Tanji

Carry Pine
10th May 2009, 09:22 PM
tamaruf,

The mens Sheds seem to run along the same lines that you can:

Go there and just have a chat with people,
Go there and work your heart out on woodwork or metalwork or computer stuff, whatever, or
A mixture of both.
membership is usually a small amount and you put in each week for coffee and biscuits.
I'm not an expert on this but i noticed you didn't have any replies yet.

Graham

Bruce101
11th May 2009, 02:20 PM
Hi Guys , i think its not a good question but i would like to know. I am not a wood worker but like to do some work on it. My question is

1. Men's shed ;is it only for discussion and sell swap of staffs?
2. Can you do wood work in this shed if you become a member?
3. Is there any shed in hurstville, NSW area???

Sorry guys, i have almost no knowledge about it. thanks for your time. Tanji

Hi Tamaruf
Graham is 'spot-on'. You can do as little or as much as you wish. We also try to do some community work as well. You will be welcomed at the mens shed of your choice.

If you click on the link below, it will take you to a search facility where you type in your location (Shed Locator) and it will give you a selection.

http://www.mensheds.com.au/index.php?id=home

Regards

DCWheels
12th May 2009, 09:42 PM
Hi Tamaruf,

you will find an extensive list of Sheds on the Australian Men's Shed Association website here: http://www.mensshed.org/Frames.htm

Hopefully there's something in your area.

Regards

DCWheels

echnidna
12th May 2009, 11:57 PM
Hi Tamaruf
Graham is 'spot-on'. You can do as little or as much as you wish. We also try to do some community work as well. You will be welcomed at the mens shed of your choice.

If you click on the link below, it will take you to a search facility where you type in your location (Shed Locator) and it will give you a selection.

http://www.mensheds.com.au/index.php?id=home

Regards

I was thinking of doing a shed crawl just to see the different sheds and their setups but the shed locators a real pain to use.

tamaruf
15th May 2009, 12:29 PM
thanks to u all for the information. i have to find a place near mortdale , nsw and have a look at it. thanks again. tanji

chippy 71
15th May 2009, 03:33 PM
thanks to u all for the information. i have to find a place near mortdale , nsw and have a look at it. thanks again. tanji

Is Strathfield too far for you to travel Tanji? I had a feeling that there was one closer than that also but cannot remember where.
If you have transport, Strathfield is not too far to drive from Mortdale but if you have to depend on public transport it could be a bit of a pain.
Although, a train to Hurstville and then the bus to Strathfield is not too bad.

Colin who used to live in Penshurst:D.

tamaruf
16th May 2009, 11:24 AM
Thanks chippy 71, i was also thinking.it is the closest. i will find the number and give them a call next week. thanks. tanji

chippy 71
16th May 2009, 06:34 PM
Thanks chippy 71, i was also thinking it is the closest. i will find the number and give them a call next week. thanks. tanji

Hi Tanji,

This link will help, click on Shed Locator, then do a search by putting in your suburb then Search and you will get all the Sheds in Sydney, then take your choice.
The Strathfield one is actually in Homebush and there is one at Auburn.
The names and phone numbers of the folks to contact are there and the address of the shed.

Good Luck.:2tsup:

Colin.

www.mensheds.com.au/index.php?id=home (http://www.mensheds.com.au/index.php?id=home)