PDA

View Full Version : turning drumsticks

franky
23rd June 2004, 05:52 PM
Is anyone able to help me with turning drumsticks on a large scale.I am in victoria australia,any comments or help would be appreciated.please post on this site or email to [email protected]

sandman
23rd June 2004, 06:08 PM
There is a good article written by Richard Raffan (I think) in an older AWR mag. It was also re-published in "Australian Woodturning Projects" book.
(the best of Australian Wood Reveiw) $34.95 RRP.
Comprehensive article. I haven't attempted to do this yet as I can be fairly hard on sticks and would'nt even bother without some good Hickory or similar. ( I did see an article a while ago that mentioned the Australian "equivalent" of hickory. May be worth doing a search of "Hickory".
Do you Play? If so, what sticks do you use?
I swear by Pro mark 747 Nylon tips. Great balance and versatile for different types of music.
Kind regards, Sandman. ;)

outback
23rd June 2004, 06:15 PM
Don't the chooks get cranky, or on a larger scle do you mean turkeys, they would get crankier wouldn't they?

Kev Y.
23rd June 2004, 07:12 PM
Don't the chooks get cranky, or on a larger scle do you mean turkeys, they would get crankier wouldn't they?

:confused: :confused: :confused: OOOOHHHHH Chooks.. Drumsticks .. now I get it..

RETIRED
23rd June 2004, 08:22 PM
Was wondering what you had been smoking out there Outback.:D

Cliff Rogers
23rd June 2004, 10:51 PM
G'day.

Hey Sandman, what do you call a bloke that hangs around with Musos?

Ducks for cover... :D

For all you blondes out there, this is kinda like a claytons blonde joke.

silentC
24th June 2004, 11:41 AM
A drummer walks into a shop, up to the counter, and says to the shop assistant:
"I'd like a set of Ernie Ball Regular Slinky guitar strings."
The shop assistant says "hang on, you're a drummer aren't you?"
"Yes I am. Does the fact that I can play guitar as well surprise you?"
"No, it's not that. It's just that this is a fish and chip shop".

Boom Tish.

BTW I use Pro Mark "The Natural" 5A or 2B, depending on my mood. Naturals don't have any finish on them and I'm less likely to drop the bastards.

sandman
24th June 2004, 06:21 PM
Hear about the drummer who left his drumsticks on the dashboard so as he could park in the disabled parks?? :D

adrian
26th June 2004, 06:08 PM
Q: How do you know the stage is level?
A:The drummer dribbles out of both sides of his mouth.

outback
27th June 2004, 12:46 PM
Was wondering what you had been smoking out there Outback.:D

Colonel Outbacks secret combination of 'erbs and spices. Funnily enough the recipe came from a guy living near a tiny town way up North NSW, can't think of the name of it, Nimit, Numbat, Numbin, sumfink like that. :D

echnidna
27th June 2004, 01:03 PM
Franky.
Do you want to make the drumsticks yourself?
or are you asking if someone can make them for you?

Robert WA
27th June 2004, 03:49 PM
My one and only attempt at turning, some years ago, resulted in a drumstick. Mind you, I set out to make a baseball bat.