PDA

View Full Version : Apricot Tree Wood

Fruitwood
19th May 2009, 02:43 PM
Hi

I have an old apricot tree in my backyard and am wondering if it can be used for either a table or other craft work. The tree has died but the timber is intact. The tree must be about 50 or so years old and has a circumference of 1300mm, a diameter of 360mm and is consistent in this dimension for a length of about 2200mm.

If this is of use to anyone it is free to a good home (or project). I live in the centre of Sydney (Redfern).

Mark

wheelinround
19th May 2009, 02:45 PM
Has it been feld/cut down

sounds great would love some

ps welcome to the best woodworking site

Fruitwood
19th May 2009, 02:50 PM
Hi

The tree is still upright, but propped by a crowbar just in case it decides to fall! I have a couple of chain saws (petrol and electric) and it can easily be reached with the electric one. It will need a block and tackle to lower it, however, as it is very solid!

Mark

Woodwould
19th May 2009, 02:56 PM
I would sacrifice my left gonad for this timber, but as you're in NSW and I'm in Victoria, I don't think it's viable. :no:

If you happen to be driving down to Melbourne with a trailer in the forseeable future, let me know and I'll have the cash waiting! :thyel:

Fruitwood
19th May 2009, 03:01 PM
Hi

Alas and alack! I am pretty well stuck in NSW for the time being! Maybe I could float it southwards!:roll:

RedShirtGuy
19th May 2009, 03:06 PM
Maybe I could float it southwards!:roll:

Just wait for our desalination plant to begin operation then chuck it in the ocean. We'll get it eventually :U